WHO WE ARE
MILA was created to prove that doing good for the planet doesn’t have to come with compromise. Through trusted culinary innovation and a focus on internationally inspired flavor, MILA delivers an elevated, yet approachable, plant-based dining experience. Our premium casual restaurant concept was built with comfort, warmth, and a goal of bringing people together over a shared meal.
We are a locally owned, fast-paced fine dining restaurant in the heart Vancouver’s historic of Chinatown. We believe that we have a responsibility to impart positive change in our community, the environment, and the world. We achieve that through sourcing sustainable food solutions and crafting innovative offerings to prove that eating vegan isn’t a sacrifice but an experience worth sharing.
WHO YOU ARE
As a Dishwasher with MILA, you are a key member of our health and safety team. Ensuring the highest level of cleanliness and sanitization of dinnerware, utensils, and the kitchen area.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Established and maintain a safe and clean working environment that meets or exceeds all regulatory standards, policies, and practices.
- Adhere to all food, beverage, employee, and public safety regulations.
- Develop and sustain positive, professional, and long-lasting relationships with the team, guests, and other restaurant partners.
- Collect all dishes, cutlery, glasses, pots, pans, and cooking equipment in an organized fashion to be space and safety conscious.
- Unload sanitized kitchen and dining ware from dish machine and organize them properly.
- Ensure all dishes, cutlery, glasses, pots, pans, and cooking equipment are properly sanitized before further use.
- Clean and sanitize kitchen tools and appliances properly before use.
- Clean kitchen floors, storage areas, and take out the garbage, recycling, and compost.
- Keep cupboards, shelves, and storage areas clean and organized.
- Assist kitchen staff where needed to help prepare dishes.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and inter-functional team environment.
- Flexible schedule to work weekends and evenings.
- High standard of professionalism and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Capacity to work as a valuable team member or independently.
- Personal alignment with MILA’s vision, values, and team culture is considered an asset.
- Must be able to stand and work on your feet for 8-hour shifts.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to safely use ladders and step stools.
- 75% off meals up to $20/per shift.
- 20% off meals outside of working hours.
- FSEAP Mental Health resources.
- Shared tip pool split system.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.