The Surgical Technician selects and places surgical instruments, supplies and equipment during Plastic, General, ENT. Oculoplastics, GYN, Orthopedic, Podiatry, and Urology surgeries. Responsibilities also include scrubbing and providing instruments, sutures and other sterile supplies during surgical procedures.
- Prepares for surgical procedures. Pulls appropriate instruments and supplies and ensures good working order of instruments. Reviews case carts for correct instruments and supplies. Plans ahead for upcoming surgical case needs.
- Anticipates the surgeon's needs. Passes instruments, retracts tissue and operates equipment during surgery.
- Demonstrates the principles of aseptic technique and universal precautions throughout the procedure. Disposes of sharps and trash and places used supplies into case cart for processing. Participates in counting of sharps, instruments and sponges. Prepares instruments for cleaning following each case.
- Ensures that all surgeon preference cards and pick lists are accurate.
- Assists with OR turnover between cases. Participates in stocking, replenishing supplies and cleaning operating rooms.
- May provide business support to the department including assigned administrative tasks.
High School or equivalent (Required)
BLS Certification (Required within 90 days)
CST Certification (Required)
This is a Monday through Friday, PRN opportunity. No nights, no weekends, and no call!