Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
- Competitive wage
- Comprehensive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)
- Employee discount programs
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid vacation and time off
- Yearly safety boot allowance
- Conduct predictive and preventative maintenance on all equipment
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems
- Maintain required records, reports, statistics, in accordance with policies and legislative requirements
- Ensure work area is clean, organized and free of any safety hazards at all times
- Report any safety hazards immediately to supervisor
- Observe safe work practices
- Industrial Millwright trades certificate or equivalent required
- Red Seal or Gold Seal license preferred but not required
- Previous work experience with conveyor systems, balers and compaction equipment
- Experience in a recycling, material recovery or material handling facility is an asset.
- Ability to do basic fabrication including welding and cutting;
- Basic electrical understanding and knowledge
- Able to make general repairs to building and equipment
- Able to work independently
- Proven mechanical aptitude
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work bent over for extended period of time
- Ability to bend, push, and pull and lift up to 50 lbs
- Punctual, reliable, team player
Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
The Maintenance Supervisor will ensure facility equipment is properly maintained. This is a “hands on” position and plays an integral role in plant and equipment operations and special projects.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s Greenest Employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now!
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position