The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring field operations teams conduct daily operations in a manner that provides excellent customer service, follows all safety procedures and policies and maintains compliance with all federal, state and local requirements and regulatory/licensing agencies. They are responsible for ensuring their team members contribute positively to a safe, respectful and productive work environment at all times when on or off BMT property and that their team members provide the best customer service possible. Operations Managers ensure that team members have all the necessary equipment, resources, licensing/credentials, and training to complete their patient care and assigned transports in a proper and efficient manner that meets our contractual and customer service standards and that crews and vehicles are compliant with all local, state and federal regulations. The Operations Manager ensures road crews are appropriately scheduled and assigned to equipment and vehicles. Operations Managers participate in the daily “on-duty” schedule during hours outside of standard business hours on a rotating basis to ensure team members have a direct line to management in off-hours. Additionally, managers are responsible for maintaining supplies for vehicles and the office lease-space and the execution of scheduled routine maintenance of vehicles and equipment and the replacement of expired/non-compliant supplies and drugs. Further, Operations Managers are responsible for ensuring building security, payroll accuracy, and other duties assigned by management.
- Maintain a current NR-EMT-B, MD and DC EMT-B card as well as AHA CPR.
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a current driver’s license and meet all requirements for operating company vehicles.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen, and all subsequent random or for cause drug screening.
- Must be available for recall in times of crisis.
- Available to work nights and weekends on a rotating basis.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 200lbs without assistance.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members through communicating company initiatives, addressing and resolving concerns, and providing all tools and resources needed to complete assignments in an efficient manner.
- Motivate, mentor and coach your team to ensure customer service, safety, and compliance standards are met. Effectively address issues or concerns promptly and use critical thinking skills to remove barriers or obstacles to achieving company goals.
- Recruit and hire talent necessary to maintain your team and meet the demands of the operation and our customers.
- Maintain your office’s payroll budget and ensure six weeks of schedule is posted at all times. Review and resolve timecard discrepancies daily. Submit payroll weekly.
- Address gaps in scheduling immediately and work with the entire management team to use any and all available resource to resolve schedule gaps company-wide. Managers and supervisors should be prepared to fill open shifts or gaps in coverage if needed.
- Ensure your team is compliant with COMAR requirements and has properly documented and maintained the certifications/qualifications needed to provide patient care. Address and coordinate upcoming expirations to ensure team members are always compliant.
- Maintain a clean, safe and functional office environment that ensures accountability and organization of equipment and supplies. Ensure that buildings, office spaces, narcotics/drugs, equipment, and vehicles are secure and procedures are followed to maintain their security.
- Ensure vehicles and equipment assigned to your office are functional, assigned, used and stored appropriately. Communicate any problems or out of service items appropriately and coordinate the repair/replacement promptly.
- Ensure vehicles are compliant with MIEMSS and DC DOH as well as state motor vehicle requirements and laws. Routinely inspect vehicles for proper supplies, mechanical issues, registrations, licensing, fuel and insurance cards, road safety systems and cleanliness. Prepare vehicles for inspections as needed.
- Ensure vehicles are maintained and operational. Ensure all team members participate in daily vehicle checks/maintenance and have a basic understanding of mechanical items to check.
- Order and maintain necessary supplies. Review expirations and replace supplies as needed.
- Immediately address safety hazards in and around your physical office space and in vehicles.
- Respond, investigate and determine the root cause of vehicle accidents, employee injuries or other liability concerns to reduce and eliminate hazardous work conditions and reduce total company liabilities.
- Review and resolve assigned reports; participate in special projects as assigned.
- Participate in the Manager-on-Duty schedule to ensure team members have access to a manager outside of normal business hours.
- Participate in annual MIEMSS inspection preparation and any other special events as required.
Butler Medical Transport is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin.