JM TEST SYSTEMS, INC.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE BILLING SPECIALIST
Job Analysis and Description
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Accounts Receivable (AR) Billing Specialist performs a variety of accounting and bookkeeping duties related to invoicing customers for service, sales and/or rental in accordance with established policies and procedures. The general purpose of this position is to ensure purchase orders (PO) and invoices are prepared in an accurate and timely manner so that customer accounts are managed correctly and incoming revenue is received and credited appropriately.
II. JOB RELATIONSHIPS
Immediate Supervisor(s): Accounts Receivable Manager
Workers Supervised: None
Interrelationships: AR Billing Specialists, AR Collection Specialist, Inside and Outside Sales teams, Lab personnel, Quality Assurance, File Room, Logistics, Shipping & Receiving, and Purchasing personnel.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Training and Experience Required: Proficiency using Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, and Excel) and strong communication skills is required. Accounts receivable experience is preferred. Sage accounting and CalMapp work order systems on-the-job training will be provided.
Knowledge Required: Requires knowledge of principles and practices of accounting and bookkeeping, including effective planning, organizational, and communication skills.
Abilities Required: Excellent interpersonal communication (verbal and written). Ability to multi-task with attention to detail. Must be a self-motivator and able to adapt to unexpected change. Ability to prioritize tasks to make sure that multiple deadlines are met.
IV. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Works primarily inside a corporate office space speaking to Manager and other JM Test System personnel on a regular basis. Work involves extended periods of sitting while typing, writing, answering phones, viewing a computer screen and utilizing computer-related objects (keyboard and mouse). Requires standing during filing activities. Must be able to hear and understand normal conversations in person and over phone and speak clearly. May be responsible for moving materials and other items requiring pushing, pulling, reaching, carrying, and occasionally lifting objects up to 30 pounds.
V. AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY AND ESSENTIAL TASKS/DUTIES
A. Purchase Order Management and Invoice Billing
1. Processes incoming work orders / purchase orders / change orders, verifying pricing, purchase order numbers, etc. to assure that all information is correct. Contacts customers as necessary by telephone and/ or e-mail to confirm PO data and to provide pricing information and other quotes as needed (often presented in an Excel worksheet).
2. Reviews invoices for accuracy, verifying customer name and billing address, pricing (quote), matching of purchase order numbers, and compliance with customer’s special requirements (SR) forms.
3. Scans and saves invoices to the appropriate Network drive folder, and e-mails or otherwise sends the invoice to the Customer’s Accounts Payable department in a timely manner.
4. Collects and applies the proper tax forms applicable to customer business and contacts customers regarding under and over payment of sales taxes, providing them with needed information to understand changes in taxes.
5. Processes payment by cash/check and/or credit card per internal procedures, assuring the accurate and timely processing of all payments and accurate recordkeeping and crediting of payments to customers’ accounts.
B. Managing / Updating Accounts and Client Data and Information
1. Reviews, updates and/or corrects customer account information and other client data such as contact person information as needed.
2. Requests creation of new or revised Special Requirement (SR) forms for customers, contacting IT department regarding revisions to assure accurate and up-to-date information on all customers.
3. Adds and/or deactivates contacts in CalMapp and Sage as needed to assure accurate and up-to-date information on customers.
C. Administrative and Miscellaneous Support
1. Performs general administrative duties such answering telephone, typing (word processing) etc. to support office efficiencies and customer services.
2. Attends and participates in regularly scheduled and special meetings with colleagues to maintain open communications and seek ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
3. Performs other tasks and projects as needed or assigned