The HVRP case manager is responsible for helping veterans secure and maintain gainful employment thereby increasing their likelihood of long-term economic self-sufficiency and residential stability. The case manager will also provide case management and follow-up services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct an employability assessment of potential participants. This includes assessing client level of ability and readiness for work.
- Develop individualized employment plan for enrolled participants. Coordinate employment plan with general case management plan developed by VOA Case Managers.
- Assist in securing supportive services for the participant as necessary
- Provide job readiness skills training in areas such as resume preparation, interviewing and job search techniques
- Provide career counseling and job coaching, including providing occupational and employment plan, arranging interviews with employers, and working with participants on job retention issues
- Coordinate with DVOP, LVER, Workforce Commission, the VA Medical Center, staffing companies and other employment resources to ensure participants access to available services
- Establish and maintain complete accurate records of client participation and progress towards goals and objectives. This includes keeping track of placement and retention data as required by the Homeless Veteran’s Reintegration Program. Veterans data is maintained, monitor through the service points database system.
- Develop and implement an aftercare plan for each employed veteran.
- Follow-up with veteran’s employment status for 270 days after exiting the program with employment.
- Cultivate a relationship with prospective employers.
- Represent the best interest of the agency, the program and the program participants in all networking and public relationships opportunities.
- Conduct workshops and group training sessions if necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Maintains critical relationships with the Veterans Affairs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
This position requires knowledge, skills, and abilities equivalent to:
- Bachelor of Science degree from a four-year college or university specializing in human resource management, human resource development, adult education or other job-related disciplines.
- 4 years progressively responsible and related experience (or equivalent combination of higher education and experience), successful case management experience employment placement and vocational counseling activities.
- A working knowledge of the local social services system or the proven ability to quickly develop such knowledge.
- The experience of working with veterans, people in recovery and/or homeless individual preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully working with diverse populations.
- Competent computer and technology skills.
- Priority consideration will be given to hiring a veteran.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Normal office environment
This position may require incumbent to engage in overnight travel, as well as, local travel appropriate to the performance of duties and responsibilities. As such, the incumbent must have:
- Current driver’s license issued by the state of residence
- Current Vehicle Inspection decal
- Current vehicle insurance
- Current vehicle registration in the state of residence
- Satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report
Work is primarily performed in a normal office environment while seated at a desk operating a personal computer keyboard, calculator, phone and other office equipment.
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled