Do you have a keen eye for detail and a natural ability to make numbers work? Are you the type that can balance spreadsheets and reconcile accounts with your eyes closed? Are you highly motivated and looking to grow your career? Are you tired of stuffy corporate offices and looking for a company that puts people first? If the answer is YES, then Coconut Software might be the right place for you!
Reporting to the Accounting Manager this role is responsible for performing daily, weekly and monthly accounting tasks, with your primary focus being Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. As you learn and grow and take on more responsibility this role will grow and evolve as you do.
On the Accounts Receivable side, you will be responsible for interacting with and providing support to clients and client facing teams regarding billing inquiries as well as processing and monitoring incoming payments, processing credits, and assisting with the billing process. For Accounts Payable will be responsible for processing vendor invoices, intercompany invoices, and employee expense reports etc.
We’re in a position to experience some pretty phenomenal growth in the coming months and are looking for an Accounting Coordinator to help scale the growth of our team. We’re pretty passionate about what we do we’re looking for someone as passionate about their work as we are! We’re not an ordinary company and we don’t expect you to be ordinary either!
YOU ARE FIRED UP TO
- Manage Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Assist with the month end close process
- Assist with the payroll process
- Maintain data in information systems or databases
- Perform various finance and office-related administrative tasks
- Contribute to other management reports and analysis as required
- Identify and recommend improvements to optimize the company’s financial processes
- Assist with other tasks and projects assigned by the Accounting Manager
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Graduate of a 2-year college level accounting program or equivalent work experience in Accounting or Finance
- 1 – 3 years experience in an Accounting environment
- Intermediate MS Office Skills (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles
- Driven to take initiative and be proactive
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and team oriented
- Excellent communication skills and a fantastic attention to detail
- Familiarity with Saasoptics & Xero would be a bonus but not required
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment with the ability to work independently, prioritize responsibilities, and manage time effectively
- You push yourself to grow, learn and innovate and you’re looking for an opportunity to prove yourself where you can make a genuine impact and where your contribution is recognized (More than 22% of our team was promoted internally last year alone!)
Who is Coconut Software?
Coconut Software makes it effortless for customers to connect with their financial institution. Our enterprise appointment scheduling and lobby management solutions are used by leading banks and credit unions across North America, including RBC Royal Bank, Arvest Bank, Vancity and Rogue Credit Union. The result? A seamless customer experience that’s improved NPS scores, reduced wait times and increased conversion rates for the organizations who use it.
Founded in Saskatoon, by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, we’ve grown to over 75 employees with offices in Saskatoon, Toronto and a remote team distributed across Canada. After completing the Google Accelerator for Startups and having just closed our Series B funding round (raised $28M CDN led by Klass Capital), we have ambitious growth plans to scale the team and continue to bring exciting new products to market!
Company perks include Cabana Days (extra vacation days), our Tiki Bucks Incentive Plan, and an annual wellness spending account, Coconut has a company culture that is best in class. With a foundation in and emphasis on people, passion, and performance, we are seen as the disruptor in our space.
We believe in a world where advisors can create long lasting relationships with their customers and operate more efficiently.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
- Health & Dental Benefits featuring Virtual Care
- Annual Wellness Spending Account
- Remote Work Opportunities
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Internet Subsidy
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- Competitive Salaries - we want to pay you fairly based on your experience and expertise, not your ability to negotiate!
- Cabana Days - 8 additional paid days off annually
- Tiki Bucks Incentive Program
- A People First Company - 4.8 rating on Glassdoor
We are proud to have been named as a Great Place to Work in Canada and one of the Best Workplaces for Inclusion and one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in 2021.