White House of Music is nationally known for quality repairs. The job of Musical Instrument Technician is done for the purpose/s of providing skilled repairs, overhauls, adjustments and preventive maintenance services to an assigned class of musical instruments and related equipment: woodwind, brass, percussion, strings, fretted instruments and instrument cases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: REPAIR TECHNICIAN
● Cleans, adjusts, and lubricates musical instruments for the purpose of ensuring correct and safe operation
● Diagnoses problems and/or failures in a wide variety of musical instruments (e.g. woodwind, brass, percussion, string instruments, guitar, etc.) and carries out necessary repairs
● Communicates with staff and customers when necessary to estimate or complete a repair via phone or email
● Maintains tools and/or equipment for the purpose of ensuring the availability of equipment in safe operating condition
● Performs routine and preventative maintenance for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing functioning of lease stock musical instruments.
● Uses a computer to record and print completed repairs and estimates
● Orders equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items to complete the necessary repairs
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS: REPAIR TECHNICIAN
The knowledge and skill requirements for this job are:
● Basic computer skills
● Must pass a pre-employment proficiency bench test
● Certification in musical instrument repair obtained through a college/technical school, or apprenticeship and work experience sufficient to obtain similar knowledge
● Skill in operating tools and equipment used in the repair and maintenance of musical instruments
● Follow common shop safety practices
· Strong interpersonal skills
● Employees must be able to work around other employees and shop equipment safely
● Requires working with various cleaning products like soap, water, disinfectants, lubricants and low grade phosphoric acid
● Physical Requirements include lifting up to a maximum of 50lbs
All employees are expected to report to work on time. Work schedules at the White House of Music must take precedence over other jobs and/or personal activities; exceptions must be cleared by your supervisor in advance.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.