Come make a splash at ICONA Resorts! As a thriving company, we are expanding our teams. Our collection of luxury beach front resorts sails across the Jersey Shore in Cape May, Diamond Beach, and Avalon. Our foundation is proudly built on family values, and we aim to greet each day with love in our hearts. We are in the people loving business and take great strides to show appreciation to our guests, Team Members, and community through our Aloha Spirit.
At ICONA Resorts, our name is our mission. Our iconic properties provide a place of peace to our guests and Team Members. We maintain the peace with our Aloha Spirit, which signifies our purpose of serving our guests and Team Members with warmth, welcome, and love. Come join the ICONA Family and experience our heart for hospitality.
The Human Resource Assistant- Class 2 role supports the HR department’s initiatives to compliantly guide our Team and adapt to the flourishing needs of our company, ultimately to help achieve our short term and long-term business goals. We are looking for a passionate, driven, knowledgeable professional with an entrepreneurial mindset. The Human Resource professional is expected to advocate for the ICONA Resorts Team while remaining compliant with our Aloha Culture, internal processes, and governing laws. Do you have the experience, passion, and heart to join our iconic team?
Job Duties & Qualifications
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, or related field is required.
- Five years of progressive HR experience is required. Two years of junior level management experience or equal responsibility.
- Resort and hospitality experience is preferred.
- Bilingual skills in Spanish – English is greatly encouraged.
- Responsible for all inclusive payroll functions.
- Participates in a full onboarding cycle including Visa sponsored candidates.
- Hands on execution of all site HR functions.
- Executes Team Member programs and practices.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external benefits providers and vendors.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Supports best practices in all things encompassing HR.
- Acts with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Adheres to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Resorts Handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture meeting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations in the state and federal level.
- Prior working knowledge of payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar applications.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resource, talent management, and employment law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Team Member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member is frequently required to sit, stand, talk and hear.
Physical Environmental Demands
The physical work environment is a standard clerical office setting, located inside a 160-room functioning hotel resort. The physical demand of this position is expected to spend a majority of the day sitting, except for standing and walking around the office or property as needed. On the rare occasion, the position will require you to kneel, crouch, or crawl and lift a minimum of 15 pounds.