The Oklahoma City Museum of Art is one of the leading arts institutions in the region. The Museum presents a dynamic range of exhibitions organized from prestigious museums and collections throughout the world. The Museum’s own diverse collection features highlights from North America, Europe, and Asia, with particular strengths in American art and postwar abstraction. The permanent collection also boasts one of the world’s largest public collections of Dale Chihuly glass, a major collection of photography by Brett Weston, and the definitive museum collection of works by the Washington Color painter Paul Reed. The Museum’s renowned Samuel Roberts Noble Theater screens the finest international, independent, documentary, and classic films. Museum amenities include the Museum Store and the Roof Terrace. The Oklahoma City Museum of Art is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums and is a member of the Association of Art Museum Directors. The Museum serves over 125,000 visitors annually from all fifty states and thirty foreign countries.
OKCMOA is seeking a Development Officer to support the mission of the Museum through the development of contributed income to fund programs, operations, and special campaigns. The Development Officer manages a portfolio of donors to raise funds in pursuit of the Museum’s strategic fundraising priorities. This position is responsible for meeting key metrics including dollars raised and a number of meaningful contacts while building and advancing strong relationships with the Museum for current and prospective donors.
- Manage and cultivate a portfolio of corporate and individual gifts.
- Manage Annual Fund campaign.
- Actively seek new corporate support through Corporate Partnership program.
- Plan and execute activities targeting one-time and recurring gifts, including end of year giving, annual appeals, and online giving.
- Work with Director of Development in identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors and prospective donors.
- Plan and execute development strategies and monitor progress towards goals.
- Cultivate, contact, and maintain positive relationships with corporate and community leaders, board members, and donors.
- Work with Development Operations Manager to ensure all donors are accurately recognized on all promotional materials.
- Participate in other duties as required by Director of Development or President and CEO, such as presentations and special events outside the Museum. This position frequently involves responsibilities outside the traditional work week.
- Directly supervises one employee. Responsibilities include planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor's degree required..
- At least two years of related successful experience in non-profit fundraising.
- Working knowledge of Altru (Blackbaud) or similar donor management database system is preferred.
- Ability to cultivate interpersonal relationships with a wide variety of constituents.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and techniques including successful solicitation of gifts and awareness of and experience with the gift cycle.
- Willing to work evenings and weekends as needed to accomplish job responsibilities and fulfill the mission of the Museum.
- Commitment to handle confidential matters with discretion.
- Salary range for this position is $55,000 to $62,000 based on experience
- Health & Welfare Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life & AD&D)
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off (vacation, holiday and sick)
Please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking the “APPLY NOW” button.
Oklahoma City Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer