Medical Radiation Technologist (MRT)
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Medical Radiation Technologist, provides professional operation of the Fluoroscopy equipment to produce radiographs of the body for diagnostic purposes and as directed by an interventionalist.
WHO WE ARE:
NeuPath is a vertically integrated health care provider utilizing research, data-driven insights, technology, and interdisciplinary care to help restore function for patients impacted by chronic pain, spinal injuries, sports-related injuries, and concussions. NeuPath owns and operates thirteen clinics in Ontario and Alberta and has a minority interest in two physiotherapy clinics in Alberta. NeuPath is building out a national network to better serve patients across Canada. We are dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of people with pain.
- Adhere to Company policies; Code of Business Conduct, Violence and Harassment, Health, and Safety, AODA, and other such policies currently in force
- Support the overall continuous patient flow and daily operations of the clinic
- Opening and closing the clinic as required by business needs, including weekends, if necessary
- Greet and prepare the patient for the Fluoroscopic procedure
- Assess patient’s condition to determine proper handling and special requirements
- Review requisition for referring providers’ notes and special instructions
- Instruct and assist patients in assuming the correct physical position appropriate to the requested test.
- Provide fluoroscopic services promptly while performing high-quality procedures
- Enforce radiation safety procedures to provide a safe environment for patients and staff
- Maintain fluoroscopy equipment and rooms to ensure optimal working conditions. Report malfunctions and needed repairs to the Quality Advisor and Radiation Protection Officer
- Orders and maintains Fluoroscopic and RFA related medical supplies
- Prepares and maintains treatment rooms and supplies, including, cleaning, and sterilizing instruments, verifying vaccine expiry dates and pharmaceutical supplies
- Provides education to patients, families, and significant others; acts as an information resource to students, health care professionals, patients, and the public
- Provides family support as required, including applicable referrals and counseling
- Follows established company policies, procedures, objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and infection control standards
- May train and guide other medical Radiation Technologists and support staff engaged in clinical activities; may participate in research and related activities.
- May be assigned to support other clinic locations and functions from time to time
- Other duties as assigned
- Certification through the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario (CMRITO).
- 1-3 years previous fluoroscopy experience required. Multiple experiences/modalities preferred.
- Must possess superior knowledge of fluoroscopy procedures and techniques.
- Maintain personal liability/medical insurance.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards
- Knowledge of medical treatment procedures, facilities, and equipment
- Knowledge of supportive care principles and techniques for patients
- Very strong customer service and interpersonal skills towards both internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements
- Patient assessment and referral skills
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.