Senior Back-End PHP Developer
Travel booking technology is among the most cutting-edge and disruptive areas of web development today, pushing the envelope on everything from UX/UI to back-end processing. At CTM, we build sophisticated travel booking websites and mobile solutions on behalf of clients that include well-known brands in the U.S. (including some of the largest banks). All combined, our work impacts over 22 million users and growing.
CTM is an award-winning provider of innovative and cost-effective travel management solutions to the corporate market. Our proven business strategy combines personalized service with client-facing technology. We’re a global, publicly-traded corporation on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX:200), with current market capitalization exceeding $1 billion and over $4 billion in annual sales. With over 2,200 full-time employees around the world, we maintain a presence in 82 countries with owned operations across Australia, Asia, North America, Europe and New Zealand.
CTM’s North America footprint includes headquarters in Denver and more than 20 offices coast-to-coast, with the North America “Tech Hub” centered in Montrose, California (just north of Los Angeles). This is the home of our North America tech team and the site of cutting-edge work in the travel technology space.
CTM is looking for an experienced Back-End PHP Developer who can jump in and get going quickly. This role requires outstanding planning, time management and organizational skills. We are looking for someone with a good entrepreneurial spirit and a positive influence for our hard-working team members. You must be ambitious, and have a passion and energy for a growing start-up Tech Hub for a successful Global Organization.
You will have superior attention to detail and the ability to meet tight deadlines and multiple requests. Most important is a desire to be a part of a team, a desire to serve, and enthusiasm about the role. The role will include working some additional and non-standard hours depending on release and project deadlines.
• Minimum 5 years Technical Lead Experience managing Medium-Large team of Developers
• Outstanding Technical Leadership and communication skills.
• Strong knowledge of PHP 5, SOLID (object-oriented design), Object-relational mapping and LAMP stacks. (3+ years of experience are needed)
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, motivation and passion to take an assignment from beginning to end and get it done right and in a timely manner
• Good understanding and experience of MVC Frameworks, preferably Laravel, Lumen and ZendFramework.
• Basic understanding of best practices for security while coding.
•Experience using GIT/branching in a team environment
• Strong MySQL knowledge (table design, complex query creation, best practices).
•Experience instituting code standardization and review processes.
• Experience integrating QA automation
• Experience and understanding of Redis/ElasticSearch is a plus.
• Familiarity with coding standards (i.e. PSR-1/PSR-2 or PEAR)
• Familiarity with PHP unit testing.
• Experience or knowledge on database design, scaling and replication for large-scale use.
• Continuous Integration experience with scalable web sites.
• Familiarity with React
•Expert level PHP with Laravel framework; Lumen backend experience a big plus.
• Agile/Scrum certification a plus.
Our fun loving company has the feel of a small family business without the small size. In addition to a great work environment, we offer a comprehensive range of benefits designed to fit your needs. Some of these include:
• Comprehensive medical and dental plans
• 401(k) Plan with generous annual employer match
• Numerous paid holidays
• Paid vacation based on longevity
• Discounted travel opportunities
• Recognition and camaraderie building social events
If you feel you meet these criteria, come join our very successful, progressive and fun Travel Management Company… APPLY NOW.