Responsible for cleanliness of all china, glass, silver, pots and pans, back of the kitchen and dumpster area.
• Be punctual to begin your work
• Wear proper uniform (black slacks, Black Bear Diner Tee-shirt, hat and black Slip-proof restaurant shoes).
• Maintain a neat and clean appearance at all times, facial hair must be well trimmed, nails must be clean and trimmed, no excessive jewelry
• Responsible for the sanitation of all dishes, glassware and silverware
• Responsible for the cleanliness of the dishwashing machine
• Responsible to maintain the dish machine chemicals and sanitation fluids
• All pots and pans are to be washed following the proper procedures, pre-soak, wash, rinse, sanitize
• Responsible for the organization of the dish room
• Responsible for providing and re-stocking the kitchen line with plates, soup bowls, soup cups, salad plates, monkey dishes
• Responsible for re-stocking food servers area with glassware, silverware, empty buss tubs
• Responsible for the cleanliness of all the kitchen floors, freezer and refrigerators
• Responsible for the cleanliness of all cooking and baking equipment ie…oven, alto sham, mixing equipment
• Responsible for back areas, dumpster area, card box container and trash container
• Responsible for the cleanliness of guest restrooms
• Responsible for the cleanliness of the parking lot
• Responsible for reporting all chemical shortages to keep up with inventory for proper ordering
• Report any breakage of dishes for replacement
• Take out garbage and card box container for pick-up every scheduled date and make sure to ask Managers for help when needed.
• Make sure to take your breaks on time and return from your breaks on time. Punch in & out appropriately.
• You are required to work over time, if needed
• Complete any other assigned tasks willingly as designated by management
1. Must be able to stand, walk and stay on his/her feet for prolonged periods of time. This could be up to four
hours without a break period to sit down.
2. Lift up to 50 pounds at a given time.
3. Must be able to multi-task (including use of communication via a radio head set.)