Notre Dame Preparatory School, a Catholic college prep school for girls located in Towson, Maryland, seeks a full-time upper-level science teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. The ideal candidate can teach physics, in addition to another science, as determined by the needs of the department and skill set of the candidate.
The Department’s education philosophy emphasizes one-on-one learning with students in small class sizes, through a variety of teaching methods. Notre Dame Prep is a one-to-one laptop school; the skills and knowledge to utilize educational technology is a strong consideration in the candidate. The school seeks applications from candidates who possess a commitment to Notre Dame Preparatory School’s mission of academic excellence, spiritual growth, and social justice.
· Teach 4 out of 8 class periods each day
· Teach at least one physics class, in addition to another science discipline, such as biology, chemistry, or forensics.
· Work collaboratively with members of the science department on developing/improving curriculum.
· Participate in ongoing professional development.
· Participate in the school community with other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
· A passion for educating students about science.
· High school teaching experience (preferred).
· Bachelor’s degree in science and/or a master’s degree in science or education.
· Willingness to work collaboratively with administration, faculty, and parents.
· Commitment to the mission and values of Notre Dame Preparatory School.
Interested candidates should forward a resume and contact information for three references to the following: https://notredamepreparatoryschool.easyapply.co.
Notre Dame Preparatory School is dedicated to the ideals of transformative education. Inspired by the School Sisters of Notre Dame, the school’s founding order, NDP’s dedicated, creative, and extraordinary faculty present an outstanding educational experience, simultaneously rooted in the liberal arts and relevant to today’s society. Through hands-on projects, experiential learning, and foundational coursework, NDP students think critically, solve problems creatively, and communicate clearly. Outside of the classroom, co-curricular and extra-curricular experiences develop their confidence and leadership. The school’s spiritual and justice mission, rooted in the Gospel and inspired by the SSND charism of unity, anchors students as they seek to become loving, just, and wise young women ready to change the world for the better.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Consistent with all applicable laws, Notre Dame Preparatory School will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other bases prohibited by law, provided the individual is qualified, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the essential functions of the job.
All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principle of equal employment opportunity, and only valid job qualifications will be required.
Notre Dame Preparatory School is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled