Ceremony Coffee Roasters is always hiring in our cafes. These positions are hourly plus tips, bonuses and benefits and are designed to reward those who are interested in long-term employment. Please do not apply if you are only looking for seasonal work.
Ceremony Coffee Roasters is a local specialty coffee roaster/retailer, operating in Maryland for over 17 years. We are a team of creatives, professionals and coffee lovers striving every day to build a noteworthy brand and an exciting line of products. We value quality, integrity and community, and work together to create beautiful customer experiences. We believe that coffee should be something special.
We're looking for team members who are rockstars at customer service and have the ability to think like a customer...and an owner. Coffee experience is certainly a plus, but the right candidate can learn everything they need to know by participating in our Ceremony Coffee Education Program. If you're excited by challenges and opportunities for growth, learning a new craft, or joining a fun, values-driven team, send us your resume and cover letter. Be sure to let us know why you're exactly who we're looking for!
BARISTA POSITION SUMMARY:
As a Barista, you will be expected to have excellent product knowledge, a thorough understanding of espresso extraction and drink building techniques, and an ability to work with confidence and professionalism while exhibiting superior customer service skills. You must be able to engage with customers while not losing focus on your drink preparation, delivering a quality experience to every customer. You must work with efficiency and awareness while maintaining a clean workstation.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES + ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Greeting, welcoming, and assisting all customers upon entry and throughout their visit
- Prepare and serve filter coffee, tea, non-espresso based drinks, and some light fare according to Ceremony guidelines
- Accurately perform cashiering duties including sales, returns, exchanges, and cash handling
- Efficiently perform restocking, tidying, and cleaning duties
- Successful completion of daily and long-term checklists, meeting work quality standards set by Retail Manager
- Attend Level 1 skill building classes to continuously enhance your own skill set
- Maintain knowledge of new coffees, seasonal items, and retail promotions
- Apply “get to yes” philosophy in customer interactions
- Prepare and serve espresso and milk drinks according to Ceremony guidelines
- Assist with training of Level One employees
- Attend Level 2 skill building classes to continuously enhance your own skill set
- Communicate important updates to Baristas and Shift Leaders during shift changes