We are currently seeking an experienced Alarm Technician (specializing in security/access control systems) to join our Structured Communications team in Dartmouth, NS.
What sets us apart:
- 3 weeks paid vacation to start
- Company matched benefits
- GRRSP - company matched at 50%*
- Company vehicle and fuel card
- Company cell phone
- $28-35/hr, meeting experience/qualifications
- Flexible Work week (5 x 8 hrs)
As a Senior technician, you will be responsible for providing outstanding customer service, managing timelines and offering technical expertise through the installation, repair and service of Alarm and Access Control systems, security systems and wireless infrastructure. You will also be committed to safety and working in a safe work environment by demonstrating safe work practices.
Daily Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Installation (including pre-wiring, installing, programming, commissioning, and troubleshooting) and maintenance of Security and access control systems
- Working closely with Operations to meet project timelines.
- Responsible for efficient work.
- Reading designs and plans for various system installations.
- Structured wiring including pulling cable, terminating, and testing of Cat 5E, Cat 6 and fibre
- Design security, access control and monitoring systems (Kantech, DSC, Mircom, ICT certified)
- Troubleshooting systems, equipment, and wiring
- Provide customer with training for proper system usage, and respond to technical inquiries
- Training new technicians
- Coordination of timelines
- Complete detailed and accurate paperwork/reporting when necessary
- Occasional travel is required
- Post-secondary training in electronics or equivalent considered an asset
- High School Diploma/GED
- Security System manufacturer certifications are an asset
- Minimum of five (5) years industry experience (DSC, Kantech, ICT, etc.)
- Certification in low voltage is preferred
- Valid Class 5 Driverâ€™s License with satisfactory driverâ€™s abstract
- Satisfactory Criminal Background Screening
- Able to work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to communication effectively with diverse individuals and to handle situations
Weâ€™re looking for people who are passionate about what they do, who believe in our core values and want to go above and beyond for our customers every day. If you have a strong work ethic, rise to the challenge, and are motivated by a job well done, we want to hear from you!
We thank you for your interest in Kerr Group of Companies. All qualified applicants will be considered, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.