Line Cooks (Kelowna)
We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique |We have fun
Who We Are:
Boomers Bar & Grill, a member of the GSL Group of companies, is a lively and upbeat restaurant located inside Capital News Centre in Kelowna. This unique, sports-themed atmosphere provides Pub style menu that has everything from burgers and pizzas to salads and a ton of appies, as well as your favorite beverages. This is also a great place to watch your sports teams in action on one of Boomer’s 12 huge TV’s. If you want to watch sports, we have it all here!
We are currently looking for part-time and full-time Line Cooks to join our food & beverage team. This role will be responsible for having strong knowledge of our menu items and providing patrons with a positive food & beverage experience. This position will report to the Head Chef & General Manager.
Wage: Starting at $20.00 with increases based on experience
- Have knowledge and understanding of all food and service procedures
- Thoroughly understand food safety and cleaning guidelines.
- Have proper knowledge of the use and operation of all departmental controls
- Ensure all work areas are clean and ensure all items are being rotated and stocked. Use the FIFO guideline at all times. (First in first out)
- Ensure quality of product before presenting to guest
- Promote teamwork by looking for ways to assist fellow employees
- Other ad-hoc duties as requested by Head Chef and/or General Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must have valid Food Safe Certification
- A strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal communication & customer service skills
- A friendly and professional manner
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekend
- Have knowledge of entire menu items including taste, presentation, and preparation time
- Know and abide by our service guidelines and expectations (meet and exceed service expectations)
- Ensure patrons orders are accurate using our POS system, and through clear communication with front house staff
- Ensure requested food items are produced accurately and according to industry standards
More About Us:
GSL Group is headquartered in Vancouver, B.C. with offices and operations also located in Victoria and Kelowna. We have a wide range of businesses including E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Real Estate Development and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities). Our mission is to build inclusive, sustainable communities by bringing people together through innovation in sport, entertainment, and development.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position