Job Title: IT Support Specialist
Reporting to: IT Manager
The IT Support Specialist position is the first line of contact for our system users. The IT Support Specialist will deal with the day-to-day operational and helpdesk issues, either resolving directly or following through by escalating to the appropriate resource. The IT Support Specialist will get involved in all aspects of our IT which includes all hardware (servers, workstations and laptops), network (LAN, WAN and Internet), Helpdesk (user account creation and user support), data (Backup and Restores) and applications (Windows, Office and the business applications).
- Ensure that all technology services are delivered effectively and efficiently.
- Use ticketing system to triage and resolve all technology related incidents and requests within defined SLA, providing exceptional support to our users across email, phone, and face-to-face communications.
- Identify reoccurring incidents and requests, proactively elevating reoccurring issues while enabling the business to maximize the benefit and understanding of the technology we use.
- Log user issues into the helpdesk tracking tool; work to resolve the important issues as soon as possible; and call for assistance and/or escalate as required.
- Provide onboarding and offboarding support. Setup new users with accounts in business systems and configure required hardware.
- Provide direct support and maintenance of a corporate SharePoint online environment and work with business to create sites, libraries and file structures.
- Escalate more complex calls to the relevant IT support member.
- Participate in IT projects when required.
- Configure, repair and ship workstations and laptops.
- Assist with maintaining inventory records of hardware.
- Assist in installing and programming routers, switches, and wireless access points.
- Configure and support networked printers, copiers, and scanners.
- Assist in the maintaining and monitoring of the daily backups.
- Assist in keeping up-to-date documentation of system configurations.
- Assist in data recoveries as required.
- Record and monitor software licenses for compliance.
Qualifications and Experience Required
Non-Technical Skills Required
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Willing to prioritize work to fit with work load of colleagues and co-workers.
- Is sensitive to the different needs of end-users.
- Completes tasks in such a manner that it does not require checking from another.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize several requests, occasionally under time pressure situations.
- Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions from users requesting service and support
- Adhere to IT policies ensuring data and system security and the proper use of IT equipment and services are maintained.
This position comes with an excellent compensation and benefits package. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Photon Control Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse, representative, and inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally. Thank you for your interest in a career with us.