Local Bloomington restaurant group is looking for the right candidates to help create and facilitate a tradition of excellence in every facet of restaurant management as we grow our team.
Our sous chef will assist the Head Chef in a kitchen (possibly a catering facility as well) by assisting with the food preparation team, assisting in the decision of what dishes to serve, and adjusting orders to meet guests' requests. May assist in prep work, such as chopping vegetables, but more often will be involved in cooking specialty dishes. Chooses ingredients and designs a menu based on the seasonal availability of food items. Creates unique dishes that inspire guests to come back, again and again, to see what is new in the restaurant.
The right candidates will:
- Have a passion for food and delivering great service
- Have an upbeat attitude
- Have proven success at managing kitchen staff and a passion for leadership
- Thrive as team players and can work independently
- Embody a willingness to share ideas and support others’ ideas keeping what's best for the restaurant as the main consideration
- Works to improve processes and procedures to always strive for creating efficiency and improvement as needed
If this sounds like you and you have a passion food, creating positive experiences, all while being rewarded for your efforts, then this may be the right role for you.
Chef Job Duties:
- Cooks guests' orders according to their preferences
- Employs food safety best practices and makes sure that all kitchen staff members do the same
- Acts with appropriate caution in a dangerous environment where there are knives and high-temperature surfaces
- Selects choice ingredients that will give dishes the best flavor
- Follow the direction of the Head Chef
- Determines how much food to order and maintains an appropriate supply at the restaurant
- Keeps up with trends in cooking and the restaurant business to ensure that guests have a positive experience
- Works quickly and accurately during busy periods, such as weekends and evenings
- Occasionally takes on extra duties, such as cleaning, when the kitchen is short-staffed or the restaurant is particularly busy
- Takes direction and works with the restaurant's administrative team
Chef Skills and Qualifications:
Training in Culinary Arts, Experience, Works Quickly, Physical Stamina, Creative Flair, Flexible Schedule, Strong Communication, Organisational Skills, Team Mentality, Leadership Skill