Application Developer / Project Manager
Not just a line of code, not just a lead of a project, not just a number. A collaborator, an orchestrator, and a game changer – That's you.
You are an up-and-coming developer. But you are more than that.
You understand the complexity of applications, but also the importance of collaboration.
You value technological achievement, but you appreciate that the best technical work builds to a larger purpose.
You have the knowledge, experience, and talent to make a difference, so make a difference you will.
At Kolbe Corp, we’re on a mission to find team members like you to serve our mission. Since 1976 we have been helping people understand their unique strengths and how to use those strengths to improve their lives. We serve that mission well, and we can serve it even better by hiring someone who is:
- smart and savvy regarding web-based applications
- comfortable bridging differences and responding to teammate needs
- adept at creating plans, distinguishing patterns, and designing sequential systems
- able to sustain innovations, adjust deadlines, and navigate through uncertainty
- skilled at translating loose guidelines into desired tangible outcomes with minimal supervision
- open to new ideas and willing to share their own
- able to understand and demonstrate big picture thinking while speaking to non-geeks
- passionate about technology, people, learning, and that Kolbe mission
Since we first went online in 1997, we have been changing the way people understand the brain and themselves by focusing on empowering people where they reside - work, home, and school. Entrepreneurial at the core, we are striving to increase our applications for rapid long-term growth and are committed to our customers, our team, and our mission. Collaboration, redundancy, scalability, quality, and security will be your TechDevOps objectives as we share in the efforts and success of our 2030 BHAG.
The following attributes are required:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of experience developing web-based applications
- Willingness to learn ColdFusion
- Strong skills with project management
- Understands the pros and cons of working remotely
- Understands the pitfalls of working in a silo
- Great collaborator and creative problem solver
- Positive attitude with professional maturity
Additional points for you:
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with and/or willing to learn about development on Ubuntu/Linux servers or AWS (S3, Containers, Lambdas) or Azure
- Experience with at least one of these frameworks: ColdFusion, Mura, LightWire, Coldbox, Fusebox, Django
- Experience with and/or willing to learn Cloud9 dev environment
- Experience with and/or willing to learn AWS/Cloud-based development
- Experience with and/or willing to learn administration of Linux/AWS web servers
- Experience with and /or willing to learn with Azure; MySQL; PHP; UML
Benefits offered to Kolbe Employees:
- Medical & Dental
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Hybrid Workplace (Note: We prefer developers to be within the state for ease of gathering and collaboration.)
About Kolbe Corp:
When we say that we’re a mission-driven organization, we mean it! The people who are successful at Kolbe know how to work as part of a driven team and are dedicated to helping others use their strengths to get more freedom and joy out of life.
Kolbe’s flagship product is the Kolbe A™ Index — a powerful, 36 question assessment that helps people understand how they naturally take action. Because this assessment is so integral to our work, candidates will take this as part of our interview process. The great news: even if the position isn’t right for you, taking the assessment will give you new insight to help find a role that’s perfect for your instinctive strengths.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.