About Atlantic Housing
Atlantic Housing Foundation (AHF), Inc. is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit affordable
housing provider. Founded in 1999, we currently own and operate over 10,000
units of multifamily properties in 6 states and 37 cities. In addition to HUD
HAP and LIHTC properties, Atlantic Housing owns and operates affordable
housing, mixed-income multifamily assets, student housing and senior housing.
The mission of Atlantic
Housing Foundation, Inc. is to promote and preserve quality affordable housing
and related services for low and moderate income families, helping residents
improve their lives. We will do this in a manner that will foster the
continuous improvement of our people and our company. We strive to be a top
performing, thoroughly professional and genuinely caring organization in all
that we do. As an organization, we aspire to and believe in - Making a
Why Should You Apply?
- You believe in the AHF mission and core values
- You are the best at what you do
- You meet the qualifications below
- Paid every two weeks
- Educational Reimbursement
- Opportunities for upward mobility
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- 32 hours of Volunteer Time Off annually
- Competitive Paid Time Off accrual
- This role is eligible for overtime
- Rent discount if living on-site
- Multiple health care insurance plans that cover
medical, dental, prescription, vision, employer HSA contributions, and
supplemental health insurance
- Competitive 401(k) Program with employer matching
About the Assistant
Community Manager role:
The Assistant Community
Manager assists the Community Manager in effectively managing the assigned
property. In the Community Manager's absence, the Assistant Community Manager
will assume all responsibilities associated with accomplishing property
objectives as set forth by the property supervisor and the property owner. In
addition, the Assistant Community Manager is directly responsible for maintaining
daily, weekly, and monthly reports including accurate reporting of rents and
deposits of all other monies. The Assistant Community Manager also
conducts all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair
Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all
other laws pertaining to apartments.
- Promptly updates all rents, deposits, and any other
monies received from residents and all other sources. Verifies that all
monies received correspond with lease.
- Issues appropriate notice when necessary (e.g., late
payments, eviction notices, returned check memos).
- Maintains positive resident relations attitude.
- Physically inspects property when on grounds, picks up
litter and reports any service needs to maintenance staff.
- Performs all aspects of Leasing Associate’s Job
Description, including but not limited to, greeting prospective clients,
shows community, and outside marketing, as needed.
- Contacts each Notice-to Vacate and attempts to convert
them to a renewal.
- Maintains awareness of local market conditions and
trends. Contributes ideas to manager for marketing community and improving
- Updates the on-site accounting system for all property
activity, including but not limited to leases, notices, move-ins,
move-outs, traffic, and demographics.
- Proofreads all lease paperwork and processes move-ins
- Processes all security deposit move-out reports.
- Accepts service requests from residents and routes to
maintenance for prompt processing. Conducts service follow-up with
resident when work is completed.
This job description is
intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the
position. This job description and the duties of this position are subject to
change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the company. Employees
are required to comply with supervisory instructions and perform other job
duties, responsibilities and assignments requested by supervisors, managers or
other company officials.
Education and Experience:
- 2 years of LIHTC, HUD and Section 8 experience
- 1-year experience in property management (required)
- 1-year experience with Yardi or Yardi Voyager
- Proven completion of a leadership development program (preferred)
- High School diploma or equivalent (preferred)
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint), Email (Gmail)
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and customer
- Performs duties under pressure and meets deadlines in a
- Works as part of a team and completes assignments independently.
- Takes instructions from supervisors.
- Exercises problem-solving skills.
- Interacts with co-workers, supervisors, guests and the
public in a professional and pleasant manner. Must learn and comply with
all company safety rules.
Atlantic Housing Foundation, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled