The Manager’s primary responsibilities include the daily management and coordination of plant operations including production, logistics and maintenance while ensuring compliance with all labour, safety, environmental and corporate policies and regulations. This position plays an integral part in plant operations, special projects, and has profit and loss (P&L) responsibility for production, maintenance, and labour targets.
Specific Accountabilities Required Knowledge/Skills
• Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the activities of plant staff and key operational personnel in a safe and efficient manner;
• Supervise implementation and use of CMMS (Preventative Maintenance Program Fiix).
• Work to optimize production and processing of incoming recyclable material on a multi-shift basis (based on current in-take volumes);
• Maximize daily production (up-time), increase productivity, minimize residuals, audit inbound and outbound materials, and produce commodities of quality levels acceptable to buyers;
• Responsible for internal reports, including but not limited to daily bale count, facility inspections, downtime tracking, daily MRF (Material Recovery Facility) statistics, audit reports, etc.;
• Understand and monitor the general flow of materials through system;
• Be proactive in taking measures, offering suggestions and corrective actions to maximize throughput;
• Maintain calendars and log books on plant and mobile equipment;
• Work in accordance with and be well versed in local, provincial, and federal legislated obligations that are required for the facility and their operating licenses, including but not limited to sections 27 and 28 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and the Environmental Compliance Approval (ECA) issued by the Ministry of Environment, Conservation and Parks;
• Ensure the health and safety of all workers under direct supervision, which includes but is not limited to:
o making all workers aware of known hazards;
o ensuring all workers are adequately trained on all applicable equipment, processes, and duties;
o ensuring all workers are equipped with proper Personal Protective (PPE) and that it is being used properly, regularly inspected, and maintained;
o ensuring all other provincial and company related safety policies and procedures as prescribed;
• Understand and work in accordance with all appropriate legislative obligations and requirements;
• Monitor daily equipment pre/post trip reports, proactively minimizing equipment downtime.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a plant supervisory or management role;
• Excellent interpersonal, teambuilding and oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization in a multi-cultural environment;
• Strong understanding of safety responsibilities in the workplace;
• Demonstrated experience in production planning, logistics and equipment maintenance;
• Strong organizational skills and ability to maintain staffing levels at an appropriate level to minimize costs;
• Ability to use mobile equipment and the ability to train and evaluate operators on mobile equipment;
• Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment;
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
• Self-starter with good mathematical and analytical skills;
• Solid computer skills with proficiency in the use of MS Office, particularly Excel;
• Experience in a recycling, material recovery or material handling facility is an asset;
• Experience with PLC programming/controls is an asset;
• Must hold and maintain a valid drivers’ license;
• Ability and willingness to work shift work (day and evening), weekends, and holidays.
• Plant environment;
• Exposure to extreme weather conditions;
• Exposure to dust, noise, heat, cold and fumes found in a shop environment;
• Exposure to residential and commercial waste and recycling;
• Exposure to equipment traffic.
Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing recycling, resource recovery and waste management services that keep our communities clean and safe and valuable materials within the circular economy. We are looking for energetic and driven team members to support our growing company and play a crucial role in achieving our corporate mission and vision. Emterra Group is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
Are you ready
to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s Greenest Employers and
become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now! We
appreciate all applicants who apply however only those who are qualified, will
is committed to maintaining an equitable, fair, and diverse environment. Any
applicants who have a disability or require reasonable accommodation may speak
directly with our Human Resources Department. Reasonable accommodations will be
assessed on a case-by-case basis. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.