Manager - Grounded Coffee Bar
At Murphy Hospitality Group we pride ourselves on an exceptionally high standard of quality service and products. It takes the best people to reach this higher standard of excellence. We believe in extensive training and providing our people with an excellent benefits program, competitive wages, advancement and professional development opportunities. At MHG it’s all about the people!
Grounded Coffee Bar brings a specialty coffee experience to the Halifax Waterfront along with house made pastries, gourmet donuts, and to-go meals.
The Manager will oversee all aspects of operations. They must demonstrate outstanding leadership, managing and mentoring a team with varying responsibilities.
They must be passionate about the food and beverage industry and dedicated to the growth of Grounded Coffee Bar, a forward thinker with a positive attitude who thinks guest service first.
As the Manager, You Will
- Oversee the successful running of the restaurant, working to achieve the financial, marketing and human resource goals and objectives as set by Murphy Hospitality Group;
- Oversee all financials such as labour costs, cost of goods sold and costing team schedules;
- Work with HR to conduct all team member hiring, with experience in recruiting and hiring team members – ensuring proper training occurs;
- Guest and team member management through conflict resolution, problem-solving, building and maintaining authentic relationships with guests and team members
- Work with the Head Baker and their team to ensure food menu standards are met
- Provide outstanding customer service to all guests
- Introduce the drink menu to customers and answer questions about the menu
- Front of house duties as required, including but not limited to; food & drink service, coffee prep and drink service
- Perform basic cleaning tasks as needed
Who You Are
- A positive and outgoing personality with a desire for personal and professional development within the hospitality industry
- A passion for the industry and the guest experience
- Love for building strong relationships with team members, our guests and the community
- An open mind and willingness to learn
- A desire to have fun at work, when you have fun our guest do too
What You Bring
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, balancing different priorities and duties
- Ability to take direction and delegate tasks and provide direction as needed
- Flexible work schedule - Our team works a variety of shifts including mornings, days, evenings and weekends
- 1-2 years barista experience
- Management experience is considered an asset
- A post-secondary diploma/degree in business or hospitality is considered an asset
What We Offer
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Employee Family Assistance Programs
- Comprehensive Health, Vision and Dental Benefits
- MHG Wellness & Fitness programs
- Discounts from local shops and MHG locations
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position