Culinary Aide at Vincentian Schenley Gardens
$1,000 Sign-On Bonus (Full Time)
Full-time shifts available.
The Culinary Aide prepares, serves and delivers food within the facility according to established policies and procedures. Responsible for cleaning the food service areas and equipment. Assures proper storage of food and other products. Acts as a cashier as assigned.
- Works with the facility staff as it relates to resident food services.
- Assists with meal preparation.
- Serves food according to the established menu.
- Prepares dining room prior to each meal.
- Delivers and picks up food carts in a timely manner.
- Acts in compliance with federal and state sanitary regulations as well as facility infection control guidelines and dietary policies and procedures.
- Assists with storage and inventory of food supply and cleanliness of storage areas.
- Attends in-service training sessions as assigned.
- Maintains a clean and hazard-free work areas.
- Participates in department/facility meetings, as required.
- Serves meals on a timely basis.
- Assists Cook in preparing meals.
- Distributes and collects menus as necessary.
- Performs dishwashing/cleaning procedures in accordance with Department of Health and facility standards.
- Disposes of food and waste in accordance with established policies.
- Follows established Infection Control Precautions
- Put main stock delivery away in accordance with all local and state guidelines
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to read and follow written and oral instructions and perform simple mathematical calculations required.
- Commercial or institutional food service experience preferred.
Vincentian is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary Range: $12.00 - $14.40/hour
Selected candidates will need to successfully complete pre-hire testing including, a drug test, physical exam, TB test and background check.