Banquet Server - Kent Island Resort
The culture at Kent Island Resort is built on our shared core VIVÃ‚MEE Values â€“ JOY, HUMILITY, & MINISTRY. JOY means that we are a true team that enjoys serving others and winning together. We have a healthy sense of pride in a job well done. HUMILITY means that we recognize the infinite dignity of each other (both team members & guests) and that we seek to be helpful to everyone no matter what is asked. Additionally, we are not afraid to ask for help or admit when we make a mistake. MINISTRY means that we know that our spirit of hospitality can be a true gift for our guests. We realize the purpose of our daily tasks and duties must be to deliver kindness and love, and that this power of intentionality has the capacity to revive the souls of our guests and our team. We hire, fire, reward, and praise our team members based on these characteristics, so it is essential that you share these core values in order to be a part of our wonderful team.
Come join a fun team with an amazing culture while working in a beautiful environment! Kent Island Resort is a recognized Maryland Historical site and the third oldest English settlement in the United States. The property currently consists of our hotel, a restaurant, kayaking, and several large wedding venues. Today, the Kent Island Resort has recently been acquired by VIVÃ‚MEE Hospitality, with plans to offer a complete revitalization to this beautiful 220-acre property.
Perks for being a team member:
Â· Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision) for Full-time team members
Â· 401k for Full-time team members
Â· Discounted merchandise and dining
Â· Discounts on hotel stays at all VIVÃ‚MEE Hospitality resorts
Â· Exciting work culture
The role of a Banquet Server is to provide friendly, prompt, and courteous service to our guests attending events while performing responsibilities throughout the event and as directed by the event supervisor.
- Promote and portray the VIVÃ‚MEE Values.
- Know, understand, and adhere to company established policies and procedures.
- To check and confirm schedule at least two weeks in advance of scheduled event.
- To know where and what time your shift begins before the day of the event.
- Arrive in black pants, black shoes or sneakers, and a Renault shirt for the event set-up.
- Know what the procedures are when you first arrive in event room such as: gather linens, silverware, glassware, and setting head table first, etc.
- Look over paperwork and know your assigned jobs and duties for that specific event.
- Set up the event as directed by the event supervisor.
- Follow paperwork and any instructions given by event manager.
- Make sure uniform is clean, pressed, and neat to present an attractive appearance.
- After event starts, be aware of your duties such as when to serve hot hors dâ€™ oeuvres, clearing empties, running refills, or setting final room preparations.
- After cocktail hour, clear cocktail area while guests are making announcements.
- After all announcements are made, begin clearing, tending, and serving courses to assigned tables throughout the remainder of the night.
- When event is over, ensure assigned ending side work is accomplished.
- Do not leave until event manager has checked side work and allows the staff to go.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of (1) year experience as a Food Server.
â€œThis is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).â€
Kent Island Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In Compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, Kent may provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals and encourage both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodation with the employer.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position