closely with the chef and servers to help our breakfast kitchen keep running
smoothly and efficiently: washing dishes, maintain the cleanliness and
organization of the kitchen. Besides a job with a great view you'll be working
with a top notch crew dedicated to providing delicious food for our guests!
Location: The Inn At Ocean's Edge, Lincolnville, ME
Hours: 12 - 35 hours per week
Compensation: $13 - $14 an hour, depending on experience.
Seasonal Position: May through October
Start date: Early May
Benefits: Discounted stays and food & beverage at affiliated properties. Housing is available.
Experience: None required.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Sort, scrape and rinse dirty dishes, glassware, tableware and other cooking equipment
- Operate mechanical dishwashing machine and three bin manual dishwashing station
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the dishwashing room and related areas, kitchen equipment, small wares, table wares, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation standards as required by the Maine Department of Health and Human Services and OSHA
- Ability to perform basic food preparation tasks
- Know who to notify in case of broken equipment or unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
- Must be able to manually handle/lift product up to 50 pounds between knee and chest
- Must have bilateral fine manipulation of both hands which may be repetitive for entire shift
- Must be vertically mobile working in limited space for 8 hours at a time
- Protect the assets of this property and Migis Hotel Group
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America
- Ability to communicate orally in English with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to read and understand labels on chemicals as well as other workplace safety signage
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods