Rates starting at $20.00/hr+
Flexible Shifts and Sign-on Bonus Available.
We currently have a need for a full-time Licensed Practical Nurse at our Vincentian Home located in the North Hills. According to specific assignment and in accordance with established standards, the Licensed Practical Nurse provides technical nursing care, assists with resident care planning and observation of resident’s condition, and reinforces physician, resident and family instructions.
It is the duty of all employees to promote and support a resident centered care environment that ensures the treatment of all residents, family members, visitors, fellow employees and customers with kindness, respect, and dignity.
- Performs individualized personal care for residents in accordance with the established nursing care plan and within scope of licensure.
- Collects data, reports and records observation of residents’ condition.
- Assists physicians with procedures and examinations.
- Assists with admitting, discharging, transporting and transferring residents.
- Participates in resident care conferences.
- Performs service duties and specific assignments such as cleaning instruments and equipment, collecting specimens, cleaning work areas and replacing supplies.
- Attends required continuing education programs and unit staff meetings.
- Assists in the orientation of new personnel.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident and staff information.
- Anticipates and takes action to maintain a safe environment. Incorporates safety/risk management standards into daily work practices.
- Performs job functions in a manner that promotes efficient use of resources.
- Assumes charge of unit in absence of Registered Nurse, when assigned.
- Assumes responsibility, in the absence of Registered Nurse or when directed by Registered Nurse, for duties such as:
- Passing medications
- Administering injections and treatments
- Making rounds with physician and assisting in examining and treating residents
- Assists in developing nursing care plans
- Admits and orients new residents
- Reviews physician’s orders, transfer and pre-admission information for additions, omissions, discrepancies, etc.
- Reviews the resident’s medical and social history
- Requisitions and arranges for diagnostic and therapeutic services as ordered by resident’s physician within the facility or outside facilities
- Orders prescribed medications, requisitions supplies and equipment
- Notifies dietary department of new orders and changes in resident diets
- Assembles residents charts, assures all permits, authorizations and releases and other required forms are attached
- Transcribes physician’s orders to resident’s medication and treatment record, etc.
- Maintains narcotic records, unit records, and charting duties
- Assists with supervision and care assignments of nursing personnel
- Notifies physician of changes in resident’s condition and any unusual or abnormal observations
- Current licensure to practice practical nursing in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in good standing or a Temporary Practice Permit required.
- Appropriate clinical knowledge of nursing care, significant signs and symptoms of disease, sterile and aseptic techniques, nursing procedures and treatment, and developed skills to provide technical nursing care required.
- Current CPR Certification preferred.
- Previous experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse in long-term care preferred.