Breakfast Line Cook
The Breakfast Line Cook is responsible for preparing and/or directing the preparation of food to be served, complying with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards, and following established food production programs and procedures. The Breakfast Line Cook is responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, and fraud.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares or directs preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Determines amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems.
- Ensures availability of supplies and food or approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature, and appearance of food are preserved.
- Cooperates with rest of kitchen team working on the line
- Memorizes and utilizes our serving portion sizes and all basic meal prep procedures used in the kitchen
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards.
- Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item.
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor.
- Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders.
- Apportions food for serving.
- Maintains daily production records.
- Always keeps the work area neat and clean; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
- Other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance at Aloha Culture Meeting.
- Collaboration Skills
- Guest Focus
- Stress Management/Composure
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as an oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer, and chef’s knives. The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, fire, and noise. The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, use hands and fingers, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity, auditory and visual skills, and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures. This position may require employees to work outside in all inclement conditions. Frequent hand washing is required.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Stand- Over 2/3rd of the time
Walk- Over 2/3rd of the time
Sit- Under 2/3rd of the time
Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
Climb or balance- Up to 1/3rd of the time
Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 1/3rd of the time
Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
Lift minimum of 5lbs.-75 lbs.- Over 1/3rd of the time
Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Working inside, outside in all types are inclemency and heat
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty plus hours to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience working in commercial kitchen.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Compliant with state Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.