Our spectacular Eldorado Resort is situated right on the shores of Okanagan Lake, a few kilometers south of the William R. Bennett bridge. Eldorado Resort consists of Hotel Eldorado, Manteo, and Eldorado Marina, with world-class amenities including multiple outlets, gyms, indoor and outdoor pools, boardwalk, tennis courts, and a private beach.
If you are looking for exciting and rewarding opportunities to showcase your talent and join a team that brings out the best in each other, then we want to hear from you! Our beautiful lakeside property offers a wide range of exciting career opportunities. We offer competitive earnings potential, employee discounts on water sport rentals, discounted food & beverage at all our Argus Properties Ltd owned Restaurants and Hotels, fun social events, and great colleagues!
We are currently looking for a full-time Reservations Agent to start immediately! We pay $15.35 per hour, plus a Summer Bonus Incentive of $1 per hour for every hour worked until September 7th!
The reservations agent is the guest's first line of communication with the hotel through phone and internet communication. The position delivers prompt and professional service while receiving and processing guest reservations. Creates and maintains reservations and inventory records, working closely with the Sales Department in securing and adjusting group blockings. Strong knowledge of the properties and surrounding Kelowna area ensures the accuracy of reservations and initiates guest satisfaction for their upcoming stay.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette answering guest questions about rates, accommodation options, location and booking channels for both Manteo Resort and Hotel Eldorado
- Effective selling of the resort using a thorough understanding of all product options; types of rooms available as well as their location, layout, and features
- Informs guests of all company policies and services. Manages any necessary deposits
- Reply to all guest email, phone, or fax inquiries, on a daily basis, in a professional and courteous and timely manner
- Processes cancellations, modifications, and no-shows promptly and relay pertinent information to the Front Desk and Reservation Manager
- Understands the credit policy of the Resort and how to code each reservation
- Processes reservations from the Sales Office or other Resort Departments, Travel Agents and Wholesalers
- Coverage for the Reservation Manager on all duties when required
- Acting switchboard when on duty. A focus on answering the phone, directing calls, and following up on in house guest requests
- Assist Front Desk with check-ins, check-outs and all other daily procedures as required
- Thoroughly review all upcoming reservations for accuracy and room assignment
- Sales minded in order to maximize room occupancy and hotel services
- Is aware of the selling status, rates, and benefits of all package plans
- Work closely with the Sales department with the setup of all group block accounts. Help to enter all rooming lists and make any changes to groups. A final eye for details prior to group’s arrival to ensure billing, rooming lists and special requests are accurate
- Maintain group, guest and corporate profiles
- Assist management with extra projects when requested
- Performs cashiering tasks, bill/invoice settlement, posting charges, credit card actions, foreign currency in accordance to resort policy
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the office area
- Keen knowledge on Resort events, activities and local events
- Consistently maintains high standards of quality and excellent customer service
- Excellent command of the English language - written and verbal. Other languages an asset
- Excellent communication skills: able to listen, understand, clarify, and confirm
- High-level administration skills and computer skill set writing, filing, tracking and organizing
- Able to multi-task and remain organized and professional
- Highly polished phone mannerism's and articulates email etiquette.
- Able to uphold all guest confidentiality holding guest privacy and security in the highest regard
- Be supportive of creativity and innovation, and be willing to openly embrace change
- Able to contribute to the successful organization and morale of the team
- Previous customer service in a fast-paced environment meeting and exceeding guest expectations
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Previous hotel/front desk or administration experience preferred
- Good problem resolution skills operating in a "win-win" fashion for guests
- Pro-active and anticipate guest needs and expectations
- Team-oriented and self-starter with an eye for detail
- Outgoing, friendly and positive
- Flexible with hours
- Punctual and professional