WHO WE ARE:
At Shilling Canning Company, a new Mid-Atlantic restaurant by Chef Reid Shilling, our professional management and front of house team, brings experience, skills, and dedication to match those of the kitchen. Each team member shares our belief in the power of respect.
Our service is honest, warm, professional, welcoming, friendly and detail-oriented. Our team smiles because they are happy to cook, and because the quality of our ingredients is pristine and our sourcing and execution is impeccable. There is value in everything we offer and integrity in what we recommend and how we deliver it.
At Shilling Canning Company we focus on local sourcing and careful consideration for how food is prepared, cooked, and served. All proteins are butchered in house, seafood is carefully selected from local fishermen and vendors, soups and sauces are based on the restaurant’s own stocks and artisan bread are baked fresh on-site daily.
Shilling Canning Company is seeking full-time server candidates with a great attitude, a great sense of humor and people who have energy and dependability.
Daily responsibilities for a Server may include but are not limited to:
- Meets with all Managers/Executive Chef to receive updates on food & beverage features and station assignments
- Prepares and sets assigned sections including booths, community tables, tables and the patio for guests prior to the shift
- Greets guests, introduces self, and presents guests with a menu to welcome them
- Informs guests of the daily menu and makes recommendations
- Responsibly serves alcoholic beverages to guests, ex. Checks IDs and adheres to alcohol awareness policy to prevent guest intoxication
- Takes and records food and beverage orders from the guests and repeats orders back to the guest to ensure accuracy
- Effectively uses a POS system to relay orders to kitchen staff and bar by accurately entering items
- Runs food from the pass to guests seated in the restaurant
- Responsible for guest satisfaction by handling guests’ complaints including alerting manager to ensure return visits
- Communicates with team members and managers regarding the availability of tables, the seating of large parties, or special requests
Regular and on-time attendance is essential to the successful performance of this position. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the restaurant to include late nights, weekends and holidays.
Reasons to join our team include:
- Room for Advancement
- Employee Discounts
- Working for new highly anticipated restaurant and concept
Specific Job Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Possess Extensive Food, Beer, Wine, Liquor knowledge
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Must be able to taste food & beverage offerings in order to know flavor profile, learn, understand, sell and support the preparation of items as necessary for the role
- Ability to personalize the guest experience by describing all menu items, prices and methods of preparation to encourage the guests to choose menu items
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, ordinances and regulations and Shilling Canning Company policy regarding serving alcohol to minors and intoxicated patrons
Shilling Canning Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
Shilling Canning Company is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled