KLOVER is a commercial carpentry subcontractor and manufacturer of prefabricated wall panel systems founded in 1991. We exist to reinvent the way construction is done. Our
mission is uncommon and requires trade professionals with uncommon
capabilities. We offer one of the most competitive benefits packages in
the industry because extraordinary associates deserve extraordinary benefits.
So if you have a burning desire for self-improvement, a willful embrace for
change, and a natural capability for the skills required, please submit your
I. General Summary of Position
This position is expected to produce welds that support the prefabrication of exterior and interior wall panels for commercial buildings.
II. Essential (Core Competencies) Duties
- Read and interpret shop drawings.
- Gather and collect materials.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on specifications and shop drawings.
- Accurately measure and cut miscellaneous materials.
- Perform panel layout in accordance with drawings.
- Pre-assemble panel components in preparation for weld.
- Perform welds to ensure panel stays secured.
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Secure completed wall assembly onto crane, lift off jigs and move to the next operation.
- Attends and/or completes welder and safety training (through KLOVER Learning Management System) as required by management.
- Maintains welding maintenance logs for welder certifications to remain current.
- Perform sheathing of welded panels.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- 5+ years MIG welding experience (or a combination of pre or post-secondary education in welding and work experience).
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Trade school/vocational education in construction/carpentry and/or general carpentry experience.
- Current AWS D1.1 GMAW and/or SMAW certifications.
- The ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all areas involved.
- The need to be self-motivated to grow personally and professionally through on-going education as a result of the rate of change in the position.
- The ability to successfully adapt (personally & professionally) to changes in the internal and external environment.
- The ability to focus on and meet target goals and objectives.
- The ability to evaluate, select and act on various methods and strategies for solving problems and meeting objectives before being asked or required to do so.
- The ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
- The ability to willingly cooperate and work collaboratively toward solutions that generally benefit all involved parties and accomplish group objectives.
IV. Work Environment
The work environment will consist mainly of heavy work in a manufacturing environment. There may be some exposure to seasonal humidity and extreme heat over 85 degrees, excessive noise, and some vibration associated with the use of tools and equipment. Some hazards such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, caustic chemical, and slippery and uneven walking surfaces exist.
V. Work Schedule
Daily Schedule: 5:00 AM -5:30 PM, Friday through Sunday, with additional hours as needed. There may be a need for an employee to work additional hours or overtime, based on the project needs.
KLOVER provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Klover Prefab is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled