EMERGICON LLC Terrell, Texas $125000.00 to $140000.00 per year
The Controller is responsible for overseeing and managing daily accounting operations and helps guide the company’s strategic financial decisions regarding the organization’s future. The controller should have a thorough understanding of medical billing operations.
REPORTS TO / SUPERVISES
This position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer. The Controller is responsible for the supervision of the accounting team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage internal controls and document existing financial reporting business processes, analyze data, and recommend enhanced processes.
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Manage all banking aspects of the company.
- Monitor and confirm financial conditions by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data, and recommending plans.
- Assess current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes.
- Oversee regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance.
- Analyze client financial performance and review contracts for profitability.
- Prepare forecasts and offer recommendations.
- Coordinate and prepare internal and external financial statements.
- Manage cash flow.
- Manage the transition of accounting data from one software to another.
- Handle all aspects of recruiting, training, and performance of management and professional-level staff.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws, regulations, guidelines, and best practices, including tax laws and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Commitment to Emergicon’s mission and core values.
- Other finance and administrative job-related duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work effectively with other employees, patients, and external parties
- Thorough knowledge of financial and legal best practices with a proven ability to provide sound and ethical financial counsel to executive leadership
- Superior supervisory and leadership skills
- Proficiency in accounting software and experience in system conversions; NetSuite is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to proactively deliver against deadlines, working and adapting in ambiguous situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- At least seven (7) years of managerial accounting and financial management experience in the healthcare industry
Prolonged periods sitting/standing at a desk and working on a computer.
Emergicon requires satisfactory pre-employment background check and drug screen.
EMERGICON LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled