Director of Advertising
The National WWII Museum is currently seeking a Director of Advertising. This position oversees both digital and traditional advertising from strategy to planning and placement to performance analysis and insight development.
The Director of Advertising will report to the Associate Vice President of Marketing and work in coordination with the Vice President of Marketing & Communications as well as departmental peers and external Museum departmental representatives. The primary responsibility is to develop and execute a comprehensive strategic paid advertising program which will maximize the Museum’s visitation, brand awareness, support, and educational mission. The Director will also work with the Museum’s advertising agency, partners, and paid media outlets as well as the Museum’s Creative team to ensure paid advertising is placed, produced, and routed according to plan.
Other responsibilities include working closely with the Marketing Analyst to utilize analytics and reporting to make data-driven campaign optimization decisions and tell a compelling performance story as well as overseeing all components of the Museum’s paid media. This includes print advertising, outdoor advertising, digital advertising, onsite marketing, and social media advertising. The Director is responsible for ensuring that all media is placed on time across all campaigns and are executed on budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, or related field with a minimum of six years’ experience.
- Experience with multi-channel media planning, placement, and budgeting.
- Experience with analytics including Google Analytics.
- Excellent writing, editorial, and proofing skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills coupled with the ability to be direct and persuasive.
- Proactive work style with ability to work on multiple projects concurrently while consistently meeting deadlines.
- Creativity, organizational skills, and good judgment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may extend outside of the typical 40-hour work week, including weekends and evenings, to complete tasks and meet deadlines.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.