The Maintenance Specialist is responsible for preventative maintenance and emergency repairs for all of the brewery equipment. The Maintenance Specialist will ensure safety and production schedules are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Quickly diagnose the source of failures and make emergency repairs to all mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and electronic systems as needed to return them to service and minimize production downtime.
- Assist production staff in performing their duties through direction, training, and assistance.
- Assist Brewery operations in setting up equipment and making running adjustments to maintain maximum efficiency. Including annually auditing assigned equipment to improve or develop PM’s, troubleshooting guides, and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area, returning tools, equipment, and supplies to the appropriate storage areas after each assignment.
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance on the can, bottle, and keg packaging equipment
- Propose and modify maintenance schedule according to our particular use of the equipment
- Observe equipment in operation to prevent/diagnose potential problems.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove, repair and replace defective parts.
- Identify, suggest, propose, and discuss solutions to equipment and facility issues with management.
- Develop and maintain maintenance logs on all equipment.
- Order stock parts services for proper and prompt repairs.
- Work with Contractors for repair, maintenance, and installation jobs.
- Maintain and service electrical, mechanical, heating and cooling systems.
- Maintain and service plumbing, gas, air, drain and wastewater systems.
- Troubleshoot PLC's, Controls, Motors, Medium Voltage Equipment.
- Work with a high degree of autonomy and minimal supervision to support production priorities.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Hours may vary if emergencies arise (typical work week = 45 hours).
- Ability to perform all functions of the Maintenance Department.
- Position requires sitting, standing, bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting products and supplies weighing 85 pounds and repetitive hand and wrist motion.
- Potential exposure to noise in excess of 85 decibels, caustic, acid, hot equipment, mechanical hazards, heat, and cold.
- Work with office equipment such as computers, phones, fax machines, and copiers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job effectively. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have an Electrical / Mechanical background experience setting up and servicing packaging equipment, as well as basic electrical and mechanical troubleshooting.
- Proper use and understanding of PPE.
- The ability to read and interpret manuals, schematics, and blueprints.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- The ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision collaboratively in a dynamic environment.
- The ability to operate a forklift.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and eligible to work in the United States.
ABITA BREWING CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled