JOB DESCRIPTION Pre-Billing Specialist
The Pre-Billing Specialist is responsible for ensuring accurate patient demographic and insurance information is reported in each claim.
The Pre-Billing Specialist reports directly to the Pre-Billing Manager and works collaboratively with other Emergicon personnel in all departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Request hospital face sheet/demographics if applicable to obtain payer/demographic information.
- Verify payer information and select/add appropriate payer information on all transports.
- Check appropriate insurance websites and/or contact the patient on all private pay accounts prior to billing.
- Review PCR or face sheets for missing insurance and other pertinent information in relation to billing.
- Work and resolve any claim for which a denial was received.
- Follow up on rejected claims.
- Work returned mail.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School diploma required
- One year of data entry skills preferred
- Computer literate and enjoys research
- Problem solving mindset
- Insurance verification knowledge
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Professional phone skills
- Maintain any certification applicable to job functions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize their importance
Emergicon is currently located in Forney, Tx but will be relocating to Terrell, Tx in June 2020.
EMERGICON LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled