Strong City Baltimore is a non-profit organization located in Baltimore City whose mission is to build and strengthen neighborhoods and people.
Overview of Position:
Strong City Baltimore is seeking an Off-Site Coordinator & Management Information Systems Specialist (MIS) for nonprofit Adult Education work in Baltimore City. This is a full-time, 40--hour per week, exempt position (with some evenings required). The Off-Site Coordinator & MIS will Support the activities, operations, and data management of the Adult Learning Center, tasks include acting as the Off-Site Coordinator and the Management Information Systems Specialist (MIS). The Off-Site Coordinator also plays a role in the intake process, helping with student outreach/recruitment and enrollment. As MIS, this position serves as the manager for adult education data collection and reporting. The MIS is responsible for the local Literacy, Adult, and Community Education System (LACES), including assisting with data analysis for program improvement, and serves as a resource for all program staff. The Offsite Coordinator/MIS is a lead-team member, participating in annual Center- and agency-wide events; and team meetings for learner and teacher support, center evaluation and improvement, and strategic planning.
Off-Site Coordinator/MIS Responsibilities:
- Manage off-site learner recruitment, retention, assessment and goal development, scheduling and coordinating Intake/Orientation sessions at various partner locations and proper placement of students;
- Liaison with teaching staff to address off-site concerns. Identify and implement strategies that will create healthy learning environments for the learners, teaching staff and community-based partner; collaborate with Intake & Assessment Specialist to administer pre/post testing at offsite locations
- Establish and maintain relationships with community and partner providers of offsite class locations
- Attend required state and/or LACES professional development trainings;
- Working as a team member with the Program Administrator, the Intake & Assessment Specialist, and the Instructional Specialist(s)
- Monitoring the entry of or entering LACES data and downloading reports and documents
- Ensuring data are accessible, in a timely manner, to staff and other stakeholders
- Developing data analysis reports utilizing various graphic/visual display modalities
- Assisting with the development of various data reports for internal and external purposes
- Providing LACES training for any data entry personnel, such as data entry clerks, to ensure accuracy of outcome data
- Promoting clear procedures for collecting, documenting, and reporting data
- Assisting in identifying program’s professional development needs for LACES data entry and coordinating activities to address those needs
- Assisting with the development and execution of the program’s Data Quality Plan, along with Program Manager, IS and IAS.
- Enter data into the LACES database on a biweekly basis.
- Performing other duties as assigned based upon program demographics, enrollment trends, and the needs of target populations
- Participating in program team meetings and assisting with program evaluation;
- Other duties as required by the program or requested by the Director, COO or CEO
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred, particularly in education, but also in psychology, social work or counseling
- Experience working collaboratively with diverse populations;
- Sensitivity to adult learners and volunteer needs; awareness of issues relating to adult literacy and ESL;
- One-year minimum experience in database management preferred
- Experience in and knowledge of adult education or related programs, teaching experience ideal
- Experience in and knowledge of curriculum and program development
- Knowledge of the Maryland adult education data management system preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking; training experience a plus;
- Computer literacy, including word processing, database software;
- Proficiency in database concepts and with MS Excel
- Community outreach, public relations, and fundraising experience, marketing and/or recruiting helpful;
- Strong record-keeping abilities
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- A vehicle is required to maintain the job functions of this position
Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Strong City Baltimore is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected category. Strong City is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we encourage applications from women and minorities.
Strong City Baltimore Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled