The donor relations coordinator position is a crucial role within the development department. This
position will work closely with the Donor Relations and Special Events Manager. The donor
relations coordinator will be responsible for daily gift entry, gift acknowledgments & responding to
donor inquires. Through consistent touchpoints, the coordinator will become very familiar with
individuals within the annual fund and make recommendations for major gift prospects to
appropriate Development staff.
Qualifications: Two or more years of experience in customer service or a related field.
One-year experience working in development preferred.
● Data entry of all gifts received from USPS, Facebook, Online Express, Facebook,
PayPal, PetPoint & ACH
● Turn deposit reports into accounting
● Answer and manage all calls related to donor relations
● Assist with answering emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
● Write and update all acknowledgment correspondence on a weekly/and monthly
● Oversee Memorial/Tribute program
● Respond to and resolve inquiries and complaints from donors
● Maintenance of accurate records
● Maintenance of constituent duplicates
● Assist with administering of all HSNT donation programs
● Steward donors by sending handwritten thank you cards & phone calls
● Assist with HSNT offsite fundraising events
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities Needed to Perform the Essential Functions
of this Position:
● In-depth knowledge of donor management systems, MS Word, MS Publisher and MS
Excel software systems
● Strong experience with printing and mailing equipment
● Ability to input 200 donations daily
● Excellent customer service skills
● The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
1. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
● This position is regularly required to use hands to fingers, handle, talk, hear, stand, walk,
sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch.
● The position holder must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds without
assistance, up to 80 pounds with assistance.
● Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distant vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
● While performing the duties of this job this position may be exposed to animal odors or
● The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
● Must be 18 years old to meet insurance requirements and must be qualified and licensed
to operate a motor vehicle in the state of Texas.
● The individual performing this job may be required to work more than 8 hours in a day or
40 hours in a week.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the individual. Other duties than
those listed herein may be assigned.
Humane Society of North Texas is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled