Are you looking for an HR generalist/labor relations position where every day is different? Are you an excellent communicator, whether it's in a bargaining session or preparing copy for websites or recruitment advertisements (like the one you're reading right now)? And do you want a workplace that not only respects, but encourages, a healthy work-life balance? If so, the Washington County CDA would welcome your application to join us as a Human Resources and Communications Coordinator at our office in Woodbury. You can learn more about our agency at www.washingtoncountycda.org.
What you’ll be doing…
The Human Resources and Communications Coordinator (HRCC) manages all HR, labor relations, and communications functions for the agency. You'll be responsible for benefits management and processing for nearly two dozen employees. You'll process wage adjustments, and need to be comfortable handling FMLA/ADA requests knowledgeably and in compliance with state and federal law. You'll also take the lead on collective bargaining matters on behalf of management, and be responsible for matters of contract interpretation and enforcement once an agreement is in place. The HRCC is also responsible for the agency's document management efforts, serves on our internal wellness committee, and provides guidance and assistance to directors and staff for our online performance management portal.
What we’re looking for…
The Washington County CDA is looking for a master multi-tasker with a can-do attitude. You are analytical, with a keen sense of detail and an ability to not only solve the problem at hand, but to look two or three steps ahead when choosing a course of action. You're comfortable reading and interpreting complex documents and providing easier-to-understand summaries to your co-workers. Those are must-haves. And ideally, you’ll also possess many (or all!) of the following traits:
- A bachelor's degree in the social sciences, communications, or public administration/industrial relations, and 3-5 years of previous experience in an HR generalist or labor relations capacity. We'd prefer that experience to be in a public sector setting or a private sector setting that involves a unionized workforce.
- Experience in benefits management. You don't need to make decisions for employees, but many will rely on you to help them cut through all the paperwork during open enrollment so they can make the best decisions for themselves.
- You're articulate and a good communicator, whether that communication is verbal or in writing. You're also comfortable with presenting in front of groups, whether that's at staff meetings or in front of our board of commissioners. And ideally, you'd have some level of comfort with a website management tool like Wordpress, Wix, Blogger, etc., since this position is the lead when it comes to managing the agency website.
- You'll have one or more credentials that attest to your level of professionalism in the field of human resources/labor relations. That could be a PHR/SPHR from HRCI, a CP/SCP from SHRM, or the CLRP designation from the National Public Employer Labor Relations Association.
- You have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others – whether those others are co-workers or members of the public.
What We Can Offer You…
- An initial hiring range of $60,435 to $73,530 annually, with a current maximum of $85,241.
- 11 paid holidays
- Four weeks of PTO each year (to start), plus an opportunity to earn 12 additional hours each year through our employee wellness program
- Generous health and dental insurance offerings, starting at $10 per month for health and less than a dollar per month for dental
- Employer-paid short and long-term disability insurance
- An 11% employer contribution to your deferred compensation retirement account that, unlike many public sector agencies, comes with no vesting requirements. The money is 100% yours the moment it is deposited. (Please note, this is partially in lieu of Social Security, which the agency does not participate in. The 6.2% you ordinarily would contribute to Social Security will also go into this deferred compensation account.)
- A friendly working environment with great colleagues who are committed to making a difference in the community
- A fantastic work location just off the interstate in Woodbury, close to shopping, restaurants, and great recreation opportunities in Washington County
- If you’re interested, apply sooner rather than later! Be sure to attach a resume. Cover letters are optional, but can provide depth to your application. Yes, we will read them. And please answer the written pre-screening questions we've provided. No need to write novels, but please answer completely.
- We will begin reviewing resumes and inviting people for interviews approximately two weeks after the job has been posted. We will review applications on a rolling basis after that. If you can still see this ad, we’re still accepting applications.
- If you’re selected for an interview, you’ll come out to our office in Woodbury to meet with some of our team. There may also be a work-related, skills-based exercise. Nobody has run out of the office screaming (yet). It will take approximately 60-75 minutes in total.
- If you’re offered the job, congratulations! We’ll complete a background check and some other routine paperwork before you begin. For this position, we're anticipating a start date between March 15 and April 15.
Washington County CDA is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled