FAO Schwarz Loss Prevention Store Greeter
Join the FAO Schwarz team and be a part of our World of Wonder! ThreeSixty Group acquired FAO Schwarz in 2016 and has enthusiastically brought the FAO Schwarz Flagship Store back to life in New York City at Rockefeller Center!
FAO Schwarz, founded in 1862, is one of the oldest and most iconic toy brands in the world. FAO Schwarz has always been synonymous with quality and innovation, offering one-of-a-kind playthings and creating cherished memories for generations of kids. The fondness associated with FAO Schwarz is wrapped up in the theatre of it all. It’s more than just toys, it’s the deep nostalgia for toys that come to life as kids of all ages enter the store. A visit to FAO Schwarz means much more than a trip to a toy store. With the anticipation and excitement of a special occasion, FAO Schwarz never fails to deliver a feast for the senses – exciting adults and children alike.
We are seeking a highly motivated, versatile, and innovative Loss Prevention team member with a passion for the retail space. This position will support the FAO Schwarz Flagship Store. This position will report to Customer Experience Manager and key areas of responsibility include greeting customers.
What You’ll Do:
- During daily duties, this position will be one of the first employees' customers see when they enter the store. It is an expectation that all customers are greeted in a timely and appropriate manner.
- You should have the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- You’ll be expected to communicate and execute security protocols i.e. bag checks, badge enforcement as needed
- The candidate should have the ability to handle and identify any security/safety-related issues.
- The candidate should be able to collaborate with store management to be an effective partner for business needs while identifying potential theft
- You will need to address potential theft issues in a calm and professional manner and be able to diffuse situations that may escalate
What We’ll Expect You to Have:
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Professional Appearance and demeanor
- 5+ years related work experience, 2 years of Loss Prevention or Security is ideal
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Takes initiative and can work in a fast-paced environment
- Innovative thinking
- Places a high priority on responsiveness
Why You Should Work for Us
- We encourage a sense of whimsy, wonderment, play, and an engaging and theatrical environment
- You’re never treated like a number or task, you’ll look forward to coming to work every day to see your friends
- Growth opportunities are everywhere