Coconut Software’s Dev Ops Engineer is the MVP in our infrastructure game. Day-to-day, the Dev Ops Engineer owns infrastructure maintenance and works on processes to ensure that Coconut’s developers can continue to work in local environments that resemble production. In addition to helping to automate and streamline Coconut’s operations and processes, the DevOps Engineer develops specifications and documentation surrounding new project features. This role will work closely with our Senior Developer in Privacy & Security, and will develop a knowledge of the principles and practices associated with those aspects of our infrastructure environment and the impact that security and privacy factors have for our customers. This role functions with a high level of autonomy, so a motivated individual who loves to dive deep into projects while also understanding the importance of open and clear communication within and between teams will be the ideal fit for this role.
YOU ARE FIRED UP TO:
- Work within a team of like-minded professionals to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications.
- Design and implement monitoring tools to help give insight into our applications and infrastructure.
- Design and implement appropriate environments for those applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and provide production support.
- Influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting DevOps best practices.
- Redesign legacy applications for Docker implementation.
- Automate the provisioning of environments: cooking up some recipes with Ansible, and deploying environments using containers, like Docker.
- Design and develop automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting reviews to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assess the overall quality of delivered components.
- Troubleshoot problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to our customers.
- Participate in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features with focus on release and post-production support.
- Represent production support for the suite of apps in the domain in Agile stand-ups, planning sessions and deployment activities.
- Understand how IT operations are managed, identify recurring issues, and work with IT & Business partners to remediate using the problem management process.
- Use various tools to orchestrate solutions
- Build independent web based tools, microservices and solutions
- Write scripts and automation using PHP/Go/Python/Bash
- Configure and manage data sources like MySQL
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years of overall experience in professional software engineering
- At least 2+ years of hands-on experience as DevOps engineer
- At least 1+ years of hands-on experience with Ansible
- Strong background in Linux / Unix Administration
- Experience with AWS, GCP, or similar cloud services
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Go, Python, Bash)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude.
- MariaDB, Elastic Search, Redis
- General banking knowledge or knowledge related to Wealth Management / Private banking
- Experience with Kubernetes or other orchestration technologies
- Expertise with containerization technologies, including LXC, Docker, CoreOS, etc.
WHO IS COCONUT SOFTWARE?
Coconut Software is a venture backed Enterprise Customer Engagement Platform that is trusted by some of the biggest companies in North America including Capital One, RBC, Rogers, and Bell. Founded in Saskatchewan by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, the company has grown to 50 employees with offices in Saskatoon and Toronto. After recently closing another successful financing round, the company has ambitious plans to continue its rapid growth.
With company perks like cabana days (paid time off on top of vacation) and flexible work hours, Coconut has created a company culture that is best in class. We are about people, passion, and performance and as a people-first company with exciting growth plans, Coconut is an excellent place to take the next step in your career!
Modernizing how Banks and Credit Unions engage because everyone’s time is money.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Share.
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Flex time
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan (ESOP)
- Apple Equipment
- Internet Subsidy
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- Amazing Holiday Parties (No seriously - they are pretty good)
- Cabana Days - 8 additional paid days off annually
- A People First Company - 4.9 rating on Glassdoor