Banquet Server - Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport
The Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport is currently accepting applications for both Part and Full-Time Banquet Servers. We are located across the highway from the Kelowna International Airport, with convenient transit access just down the street!
If you don't mind variety and are able to work a flexible schedule which includes mornings, weekdays, and weekends, please submit your resume today!
What we offer:
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina, and Hampton Inn & Suites).
- World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Marriott brands.
- An excellent work environment, with a focus on staff recognition, teambuilding and an atmosphere of growth and development.
- Internal growth and a culture of promotion from within. Supervisor and Management positions open to internal applicants for Four Hotels within Kelowna.
Under the direction of the Banquet Management Team, our Banquet Servers help create a positive guest experience through engaging interaction and quality service in our banquet spaces. They are responsible for the set up and take down of function rooms and are knowledgeable in serving techniques for various functions. They must be able to work as a team player within the banquet department and provide professional & friendly service to resort guests.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standard:
- Be familiar with different types of banquet room set-ups. Ensure each set-up is completed in a neat, professional and efficient manner
- Have knowledge of serving techniques for various types of functions
- Able to serve food and beverage in a professional manner
- Quickly and efficiently remove dishes as guests finish each meal at the end of each meal or function
- Maintain the cleanliness of banquet storage areas and function rooms
- Maintain the stock of linens, cutlery, dishware, glass ware and banquet equipment
- Notifies management of any damage to function rooms
- Collects items left in function rooms and log into lost and found
- Assists in the inspection of function rooms prior to a function
- Ensure all function rooms are “show ready”
- Communicates information to the appropriate hotel personnel
- Works well under pressure, can multitask and is able to prioritize
- Assist in achieving 4-Diamond standards and service levels
- Greet and welcome guests in a pleasant, courteous and respectful manner
- Able to work in a team as well as individually
- Be an active listener and respond to guest and staff needs
- Must be flexible, responsible, efficient and punctual
- Must be energetic and physically fit
- Be a self starter, proactive, have an eye for detail and be aware of surrounding expectations
- Be organized and efficient; keep open line of communication with staff and management
- Be familiar with Kelowna and surrounding area attractions and ongoing events in Eldorado Resort
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Physical Heavy Lifting, transporting of furniture and equipment
- Certifications/Skills: Serving It Right, Food Safe, Customer Service
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.