The Middle Tyger Family YMCA is currently seeking highly qualified, certified personal trainers.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Fitness Coordinator, the trainer provides guidance and leadership in a one-on-one, partner or small group setting to all members and guests. Develops and monitors fitness programs, including but not limited to cardiovascular exercise, resistance training, and flexibility. Ensures quality client experience, helping them identify, track and achieve goals of Personal Training.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have current Adult CPR, AED and First Aid certifications, or complete within first 60 days of employment.
- Must hold a current national certification in personal training (CPT) from a nationally accredited certification program (ACE, AFAA, NASM, NSCA or ACSM), or a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Exercise Physiology or related area.
- Must demonstrate competent fitness/exercise knowledge and skills.
- Must be comfortable demonstrating exercise techniques and proper form to members.
- Provide orientations to members covering cardio and strength training equipment, as well as basic flexibility and nutrition knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required in order to interact with members and maintain a positive, encouraging manner.
- Must demonstrate an outgoing and approachable personality, in order to more effectively engage members.
- May be required to lift and carry up to 40 pounds of equipment.
- May be required to stand, stoop or kneel for long periods of time.
- Must be capable of receiving and following basic instructions.
- Must be able to maintain a professional, positive demeanor in a sometimes hectic environment.
- Must be self-motivated and dedicated to completing all tasks assigned.
- Must possess good analytical, auditory, verbal, and visual capabilities in order to adequately communicate via phone or in person.
- Instruct members on the proper use of all equipment within the facility and provide guidance to help them achieve their fitness goals. This can be in the form of instructing them on changes or additions that would be helpful, giving them good wellness principles and/or demonstrating safe, proper form on all equipment.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and professionalism when working with all members. Assist them in establishing a record of fitness and progress.
- Provide exercise programs and instruction to members focusing on their specific fitness goals and objectives. Support them throughout their program.
- Modify member’s fitness programs according to their needs and progress.
- Greet all members as they come into the fitness areas.
- Maintain all certifications by attending trainings and workshops as necessary.
- Must be knowledgeable of all Wellness rules and comfortable implementing and enforcing in a cordial, friendly manner.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Participate in branch recruitment for members; as well as, volunteer during special events and programs.
- Promote YMCA character development.
- Be supportive of decisions made by supervisors.
- All other duties requested by direct supervisor.
YMCA of Greater Spartanburg is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled