The Director of Front Office is responsible for ensuring the
operation of the Front Desk, Bell Desk, Concierge, and Guest Activities in an
attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with
quality service prior to and throughout their stay, while maximizing room
revenue and occupancy.
Responsibilities, Consist of but are not limited to:
- Respond to all guests’ requests, problems,
complaints and/or accidents presented at the Front desk or through
reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive,
courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all
Guest Services personnel according to Crystal Springs SOPs.
- Prepare and conduct all Guest Services
interviews and follow hiring procedures according to Crystal Springs SOPs.
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of
Guest Services personnel.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by
reviewing status daily. Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and
maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of
- Attend daily Stand Up meeting and weekly Rooms
Meeting, Operations Meeting, and Labor Meeting.
- Participate in the MOD schedule as required.
- Review Guest Services staff’s worked hours for
payroll compilation and submit on a timely basis.
- Prepare employee weekly schedule according to
business forecasts, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
- Ensure that no-show revenue is maximized
through consistent and accurate billing.
- Maintain SOPs regarding purchase orders,
checkbook updating, petty cash handling, vouchering, and invoices.
- Maintain a professional working relationship
and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other
- Work closely with accounting on follow up
items such as rejected credit cards, discrepancies, etc.
- Operate all aspects of the Front Office
computer system, including software maintenance and report generation and
- Monitor the proper operation of the PBX
responsibilities and that company SOPs are followed.
- Ensure staff greet and welcome all guests
approaching the Front Desk as per Grand Cascades sop.
- Understand Hospitality terms and ensure
implementation of all Crystal Springs Resorts policies and procedures.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages
and packages for guests in a timely manner.
- Must maintain constant communication with
Housekeeping, Reservations, Maintenance, and Credit Department.
- Ensure correct cash handling at the Front
- Ensure that employees are at all times
attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, employees and other
- Establish and maintain key control and radio
- Ensure the participation and schedule monthly
- Focus on the importance of the Guest Services
Departments in driving guest experience.
- Monitor all VIP arrivals, requests, amenities
and ensure proper servicing.
- Ensure the emailing of recaps by each shift to
all the necessary departments and Management.
- At least 5 years’ progressive experience in a
hotel, preferably a AAA 4 Diamond environment.
- At least a 2-year college degree in
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must be proficient in Windows.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both
verbally and written, with all levels of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to,
understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize
departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Attend all required hotel meetings and
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with
Crystal Springs standards, as required by scheduling, which varies according to
the business needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance
- Encourage a safe and civil work environment.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity,
identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be efficient in handling problems,
including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as
- Must be able to understand and evaluate
complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate
- Must maintain the confidentiality of
Perform other duties as requested by Management.