Zinus is looking for a Sr. Operations Manager to come join our team. The Sr. Operations Manager will assist the VP to oversee all site operations, safety, staff, staff development, security, site profitability, and equipment functionality in our Tracy Office. Maintain standard operating procedures and communicate expectations to be followed by site personnel in order to maintain safe, productive, efficient, profitable and accurate completion of daily operations. Always model the right behaviors and performance expectations.
Promote a culture of safety, operational excellence, continuous improvement, innovation, and structured problem-solving.
Continuously improve and optimize the warehouse/logistics function and develop a strategic vision to support Zinus short and long-term goals.
Manage production scheduling, warehouse, and logistics functions and related personnel.
Develop a high-potential/high-performing staff by hiring, coaching, and training team members.
Own, optimize and lead a successful OP process (Operations Planning)
Develop production control processes that maximize the efficiency of the operation within the scope of approved procedures and policies.
Manage and optimize inventory value and increase inventory turns to achieve sustainable, exceptional customer service.
Manage inventory control to achieve 98.5% accuracy.
Analyze and optimize logistics and warehouse functions to best serve and customers and meet contracted service agreements.
Provide senior management and team members concise quantitative and qualitative reports as required.
Drive operational effectiveness by aligning resources for order allocation and process improvements.
Recommend, develop, implement, and maintain processes and procedures to ensure a high level of monetary and location inventory accuracy with minimal business disruption.
Create, implement, and monitor compliance with document control processes, policies, and procedures to standardize work and drive efficiency.
Monitor all implemented key metrics for each distribution center, driving efficiency and quality standards.
Work with various financial teams to develop in-depth cost reporting
Identify, recommend, and implement systems technology improvements.
Review equipment and tools for cost savings opportunities
Ensure various classifications of hazardous material are stored, handled and transported in according to with all regulatory requirements
Manage business risk: Conduct risk assessments to identify compliance gaps and process inefficiencies. Identify processes to close gaps to facilitate the implementation of improvements. Establish robust business processes and controls.
Manage, monitor, improve, and report on all aspects of logistics (storage, transportation, freight costs)
Partner with supply chain strategies to improve service levels, reduce cost, reduce lead time, and create operational flexibility
Maintain an up-to-date understanding of current regulations and trends affecting logistics and transportation-related activities.
Identify and implement changes to operations, documents, agreements, etc. to facilitate continuous improvement and adherence to legal requirements.
· Minimum 5 years leading and managing eCommerce distribution centers
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, supply chain, or business desired
· Progressive management experience within the eCommerce business where increasing levels of responsibility has been seen and recognized
· Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects
· Experience managing and developing teams to perform with a high sense of urgency and ability to shift and prioritize work to meet key deadlines
· Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing business needs and priorities of the organization
· Ability to effectively identify, develop, communicate and implement strategies and ideas across multiple business channels and audiences
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Advanced knowledge and experience with labor planning, budgeting, productivity, and continuous improvement
· Excellent business and financial acumen
· Strong analytical skills, highly organized with strong attention to detail
· Proven working knowledge of SAP ERP System
Zinus is a rapidly growing and highly successful eCommerce mattress and furniture company that values and empowers an entrepreneurial spirit in all of our employees. We’ve been in the mattress and furniture business for over 16 years, compressing and delivering mattresses in a box a decade before anyone else, so we know a thing or two about this business. And if you chose to join Zinus you’d be joining a team that is committed to the happiness of our customers above all else with the goal of delivering products and experiences that invoke wonder and joy on a daily basis. So, what are you waiting for?