Berg Construction is
growing and we are recruiting for an Estimator/Project Manager for our Landfill Division. The
ideal candidate has at least 5 years landfill estimating/project management or
supervisory experience in the construction of landfill cells and/or closure
projects. The position is also responsible for day to day operations of Berg’s
public and private landfill construction projects.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one
priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and
processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Preparation of proposals, including cost estimates,
work scopes, and schedules. Must be able to take a project from start to
finish from estimate to completion.
- Serving as Project Manager on all Landfill projects.
- Management and oversight of small to midsize,
technically complex projects involving waste site cleanup and construction,
building and equipment decontamination and demolition.
- Acting as an agent of business and being involved with
developing relationships with key customers and understanding the customer
issues. (This is not a sales position; there is obviously a large amount
of client contact in the field.)
- Oversight of Field Supervisors and Operators in order
to meet project objectives and remedial budget expectations.
- Providing engineering and technical support to Sales
- Managing procurement for projects including materials,
equipment rental, temporary labor, and subcontractors.
- Providing timely, concise, and relevant information as
- Providing technical support for proposal preparation,
project cost estimates and subcontractor selection and procurement.
- Performing other duties and tasks as assigned from time
to time by management.
- Strong estimating/project management or supervisory
experience in the construction of landfill cells and/or closure projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent required - Bachelor’s
degree in civil engineering, Environmental Sciences or related disciplines
- 5+ years’ experience in landfill construction projects.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Cost estimating and computer experience.
- Ability to problem solve and "think on your
- Ability to review and interpret technical
specifications and drawings.
- In depth knowledge of cell construction and closure
- Windows proficiency: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong customer management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations governing landfill
construction and operations.