Job Title: AssistantPackaging Manager
Location: Main Location
Reports To: Packaging Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Assistant Packaging Manager’s primary responsibility is to supervise and manage the packaging department on the shift opposite of the Packaging Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Allocate manpower/resources in a manner that safely maximizes the production of product that maintains the highest quality standards
- Accountability of team member time utilization that is prioritized in a way consistent with Abita company culture
- Monitoring and communication of production line status in relation to the predetermined shipping schedule
- Decision making in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment that is consistent with the priorities of Abita Brewing Company
- Record-keeping of daily production activities for the purpose of both traceability and accountability
- Assist in troubleshooting of both operational and maintenance inefficiencies and work closely with maintenance and operations teams to improve in an abrupt manner
- Instill a sense of urgency in both the operations and maintenance team that is consistent with the prioritization of maximizing packaging throughput
- Assist in developing sustainable solutions to inefficient manner of operation for packaging employees
- Assist in developing sustainable improvements to maintaining the packaging equipment in a preventative manner as opposed to reactive
- Inventory management of auxiliary packaging tools/supplies
- Knowledge of how all packaging equipment and machinery run to fill in for absent team members when necessary
- Any and all other duties assigned by the Packaging Manager
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to lift 55 pounds and move up to 170 pounds regularly with assistance.
- Must have the ability to regularly stand, walk, use hands, reach, climb, work from heights, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- The ability to work near moving parts and machinery.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to see color; either with or without accommodation.
- The ability to work in loud, wet, cold, hot, indoor and outdoor environments frequently.
- Hours may vary if emergencies arise (typical work week = 45 hours).
Supervision of Others
Supervise and delegate the work of the second shift packaging employees. Provide information and recommendations to the Packaging Manager on packaging employees’ performance and disciplinary matters.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job effectively. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in a brewery or other food/beverage manufacturing facility.
- Proven success in a leadership role managing 5 or more employees.
- Extensive experience and understanding of aseptic packaging procedures, cleaning and sanitation, preventive maintenance, team motivation and management, ordering and inventory management, record keeping and data analysis.
- Experience with brewery quality assurance and quality control plans.
- Strong overall understanding of OSHA regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge of computers (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Positive attitude with an ongoing sense of urgency.
- Ability to understand and execute against deadlines.
- Excellent time and people management skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Budget management proficiency.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and eligible to work in the United States.
Abita Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABITA BREWING CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled