Citizens is a community bank built on solid relationships created by providing extraordinary customer service. We were established in Plaquemine, LA in 1916 and through hard work by dedicated employees, have expanded to 2 branch locations in Plaquemine and 4 in Baton Rouge. We are seeking a Branch Manager for our Main Branch in Plaquemine. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic about being a community leader and continuing to provide the excellent service our home town customers have come to expect.
Supervises and coordinates activities of personnel involved in performing internal operations in the branch of financial institution by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares work schedules and assigns duties to personnel to ensure efficient operation of the branch.
- Directs employee training to improve efficiency and ensure conformance to standard procedures and practices.
- Controls supply of money on hand to meet branch's daily needs and legal requirements.
- Verifies workers' count of incoming cash shipments.
- Open, close, and maintain accounts according to Bank procedure and State & FDIC regulations.
- Collect and document required client information on multiple computer applications. Assure that signature cards and other documents necessary are completed correctly.
- Issue Cashier’s Checks and Money Orders and processes wire transfers.
- Have a complete understanding of all products offered by the Bank.
- Recognizes the clients’ needs and recommends products and best practices.
- Contacts customers and businesses, participates in community and civic organizations to promote goodwill and generate new business.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all bank and customer information.
- Maintains prescribed security controls to protect the facility against criminal and fraudulent operations and unnecessary risk or exposure.
- Assists Lenders by taking non-real estate applications, gathering financial data and documentation for processing loan applications and loan closings.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the branch. Manages one subordinate supervisor who supervises the Tellers. Also directly supervises the customer service representative(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Two years of management experience and experience in Financial Services industry preferred.
- Lending experience (especially Mortgage lending) is preferred; if no lending experience, the successful candidate will be a Loan Officer Trainee and must be willing to learn the fundamentals of lending concepts and Citizens loan policies and procedures.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Citizens Bank and Trust provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
CITIZENS BANK & TRUST CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled