Are you a leader who can develop a high-performing sales organization? Are you driven to achieve high levels of sales growth? Do you have experience developing effective and repeatable sales processes, coaching employees on winning sales methodologies, and executing strategies that increase loyalty with key customers? Come and join a fast-growing company that is recognized as a leader in the Railing industry.
Fortress Railing Products is looking for an experienced National Sales Manager to contribute to our company’s sales objectives.
Position: National Sales Manager
Reports to: General Manager
The National Sales Manager will play a critical role in leading our sales organization to reach new heights of success. In this role, you will work closely with the General Manager to design and deploy new strategies, lead a group of Regional Sales Manager along with Territory Managers and Independent Sales Representatives, and collaborate with various departments to ensure sales processes and programs are successful.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate that they can effectively:
· Problem solve quickly and anticipate needs
· Communicate well and comprehensively with a variety of people
· Work in a fast-paced environment
· Pro-actively develop and execute solutions that satisfy the needs of the customer and the business
· Work collaboratively with different departments and functions
Core Value & Culture Fit:
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that likes to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves, and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
- Ensure effective hiring, orientation, training, development, and retention of sales staff
- Provide leadership through effective communication of vision and active coaching
- Take appropriate action to correct performance and personnel issues when necessary
- Develop sales targets and goals for the sales team and hold them accountable to ensure that they are achieved
- Work with key customers and national accounts
- Maintain competitive knowledge to create and adjust sales strategies
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts
- Perform research and identify new potential customers and new market opportunities
- Collect and report on product, market and customer opportunities to General Manager
- Ensure that sales expenses are within budget and utilized in the most impactful way for the business
- Establish effective relationships and collaborate with other departments and businesses to address key issues and opportunities
- Manage and Attend trade shows, meetings, seminars, and conferences as appropriate
Preferred Skills, Experience. and Expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- At least 10 (ten) years of applied professional experience in sales management
- At least 5 (five) years of applied professional experience in selling building products through distribution
- At least 2 (two) years of applied professional experience leading managers
- Excellent interpersonal and customer interfacing abilities
- Solid customer service attitude with excellent negotiation skills
- Strong communication and team management skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude
- An ability to create, understand and analyze sales performance metrics
- Willingness to travel more than 50% of the time
- Knowledge of CRM software and Microsoft Office Suite
Fortress Building Products is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled