Boardwalk Beach Co. Attendant - Eldorado Resort Marina (Seasonal Spring/Summer 2021)
Our spectacular Eldorado Resort is situated right on the shores of Okanagan Lake, a few kilometers south of the William R. Bennett bridge. Eldorado Resort consists of Hotel Eldorado, Manteo, and Eldorado Marina, with world-class amenities including multiple outlets, gyms, indoor and outdoor pools, boardwalk, tennis courts, and a private beach.
If you are looking for exciting and rewarding opportunities to showcase your talent and join a team that brings out the best in each other, then we want to hear from you! Our beautiful lakeside property offers a wide range of exciting career opportunities. We offer competitive earnings potential, employee discounts on water sport rentals, discounted food & beverage at all our Argus Properties Ltd owned Restaurants and Hotels, fun social events, and great colleagues!
These are seasonal positions from approximately May - September 2021. Start and end dates may change based on the needs of the business.
Under the direction of the Marina Manager our Marina employees are responsible to perform customer checkouts on rentals. They also recover the marina’s rental fleet, and perform general cleaning of the marina and all kayaks, paddleboards, bikes.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform activities of Boardwalk Beach Company, including performing daily cash balances.
- Rent Kayaks, Paddleboards, E Bikes and equipment following established procedures.
- Follow all policies and procedures, dealing with the operation and maintenance of the Manteo Marina and Boardwalk Beach Company. This includes but not limited to all documentation and proper filing of all rental contracts and waivers.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records and inventory of all money, sundry and clothing items sold or purchased for sale.
- Maintain service buildings and Marina grounds.
- Maintain beach and all other areas in and around the BBC.
- Work hours will be set by the Marina Manager and will include some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Handle customer questions, inquires, comments, suggestions and complaints.
- Provide safety and general information in a friendly and courteous manner. Safety is our #1 priority.
- Provide brief instruction about safe and effective techniques depending on rental equipment.
- Distribute life jackets and or helmets and ensure proper usage.
- Monitor activities, keep a clean and orderly appearance and keep the Manager informed of inventory needs.
- Report unsafe conditions and equipment, such as paddles, life jackets, etc. to the Marina Manager.
- Must retain information that you have been trained on and perform all duties properly and follow all procedures.
- Become familiar with and know how to operate all equipment that we rent.
- Launch and retrieve Kayaks, and Stand-Up Paddleboards.
- Empty trash and recycling located around the location as needed.
- Any and all other work as requested to do by the Marina Operations Manager or Hotel Operations Manager.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Valid BC Driver’s License and Pleasure craft operator’s card.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Experience in the areas of personnel and fiscal management.
- Ability to deal with the public.
- Reasonable knowledge of safe operation of watercraft.
- Mechanical knowledge or ability desirable.
- Skill in the use of office equipment and technology, and the ability to master new technologies, including computers and related software.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills.
- Initiative and adaptability.
- Must be available to work evening shifts, holidays and weekends. Start times will vary based on business volumes and operational demands.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist those without a visa.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.