The Therapist will screen, evaluate, re-evaluate, treat, discharge plan and make revisions in any established plan of care as supervised by the physician. The Therapist will communicate with facility staff and provide support to the facility through training and in-services as needed.
- Screen all residents in the facility on a quarterly basis to identify those who have experienced declines in their functional abilities and determine if therapeutic intervention is indicated.
- Evaluate residents per MD order and establish appropriate treatment plans and goals that meet the specific needs of the individual.
- Re-assess patients and caseload as appropriate to determine the need for continued services or discontinuation of services based on patient progress.
- Carry out treatment program as indicated.
- Provide thorough discharge planning that will allow the patient to function at a maximal level of independence in the least restrictive environment.
- Educate staff, families, and caregivers as indicated.
- Identify needs for program development and implement programs according to company policies and procedures.
- Identify equipment needs of the therapy department and order equipment according to company policy and procedure.
- Complete all required documentation according to guidelines specified in the documentation manual.
- Coordinate in-services for facility staff as the need is determined to ensure safe and effective carryover of maintenance/restorative programs and overall care of the residents.
- Attend all meetings required by the facility.
- Supervise therapy assistants/techs as set forth in PT/OT/ST state regulations.
- The Therapist must maintain an active Texas state license for Occupational Therapy.
Regency Integrated Health Services is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled